Bad Rocky Road Offroad (RRO) Experience :( - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bad Rocky Road Offroad (RRO) Experience :(

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 08-07-2007, 06:10 PM   #61
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

I'll deal with a little bit of site navigation difficulty (or aesthetics) in trade for some of the best parts available, as well as the best customer support I've ever seen.

Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #62
towermonkey
2008 WK 

In all fairness, Glen was very professional in dealing with me and apologized for the problems. He also said he was making some personell changes to try and correct the problems. I think I'll like the lift that I just put on the TJ (when the right rear trackbar arrives), but I will try KOR for the WJ when the time comes.
towermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #63
MotoX5874
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by towermonkey
In all fairness, Glen was very professional in dealing with me and apologized for the problems. He also said he was making some personell changes to try and correct the problems. I think I'll like the lift that I just put on the TJ (when the right rear trackbar arrives), but I will try KOR for the WJ when the time comes.
kor is great, don't forget iro as another option
[url]www.ironrockoffroad.com[/url]
[url]www.kevinsoffroad.com[/url]
[email]kolak@kolakperformance.com[/email]
MotoX5874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2007, 10:19 PM   #64
Soft 8
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am sorry, I have only read the few pages of the post. As you will notice from my description, to the left, I am currently running a 2" Rocky Road Budget Boost. I called and talked to their sales rep middle of last year. He didn't fill me with confidence but, I received the package about a week later. It was a cardboard box with the 4 spacers wedged inside. No packing material, no invoice or other paper work. There were no part numbers, the box just had a strip of tape holding it shut. Even though it is just a budget boost, I knew how it was going to go down but there was still plenty of room for instructions/clarification for the person doing their first lift.

I haven't had to order anything for my Jeep until about a month ago when I was dealing with a front end vibe. I had repeatable heard about KOR, so I did some home work and ordered the OME SS from him on a Sunday afternoon. It should up later that week with instructions,advice, and the correct hardware, easy enough. Frankly, just from the attitude of the Rocky Road sales rep, I wouldn't do any more business with them. I think he was more concerned about my phone call interrupting his "My Space time". It seems like Kevin has been there and done that with these Jeeps and wants to help out as much as possible. Now that I have seen this about RR I WILL NOT BE DOING ANY MORE BUISNESS WITH THEM! Once I get things settled back down in a few weeks I might yank the BB in favor of one of Kevin's kits. I will probably use the RR spacers as cup holders or something...
Unread 08-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #65
FortCollinsZJ
1993 ZJ 

I have alaways had my eye on kevins site and everything seems over par to me. Yes the site could look better... Maybe match the product quality but then the website would be amazing. I personaaly don't see the need for all the z's (sliderz, roof rackz) but I think its funny. Kevin will definitly have my business when I finally get around to buying a LA kit. That KOR extreme LA ZJ kit is off the wall! I can't wait! But I dont really have a prob. with RRO either. Expect little-recieve little.
FortCollinsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #66
deathbylaxitive

just cause im one of the few and havnt posted in quite a while, i had a good experience with RR

just sayin
Unread 08-20-2007, 06:50 PM   #67
KevinF

I know you've heard it before, but new website is closer every week to being launched. It's ZenCart based, and I'll not at all miss the old HTML-based site.

To the dissenters: I know, I know...it's ugly, it's not super-easy to navigate, and it doesn't show up well on browsers other than IE. That said, you guys have *NO* idea how difficult it is to maintain 350+ pages of FrontPage-programmed website, static-coded, and try to change the format without the help of CSS. Yeah...exactly...gives you a headache just thinking about it, right? You're not saying anything that we don't already fully recognize. It's become a real monster due to my not having a full-time web guy. I prefer to spend my time getting you guys taken care of with parts and advice than I do making the site pretty...so hopefully you can handle a few 'Z's and a few broken links until I get the ZenCart running properly. I have a p/t guy putting it as Priority1 every day he's available, so it won't be long until we launch it. There are worse websites out there...maybe not a lot of them, but they certainly exist. FrontPage worked great when we had 10 products...not so great now, nor since we've had more parts added each month for the last 8 years.

Kevin

Last edited by KevinF; 08-20-2007 at 07:02 PM..
KevinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #68
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Kev, as several of us have said, the quality of your parts and the exceptional service are much, much more important to us than website aesthetics. Keep up the great service
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2007, 07:54 PM   #69
ny2vtzj

1989 YJ Wrangler 

This is exactly why I started a website (never finished working on it). I even notified BBB and rno response was made on rro's behalf. I couldn't tell you how frustrated I was. I even had stickers made saying "ihaterockyroadoutfitters.com"
ny2vtzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:18 AM   #70
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here's another fine example of Rocky Road's honest advertising:

http://www.rocky-road.com/jeepaxle.html

They are selling 27 spline alloy D35 axle shafts with a locker and are calling it a "Super 35" kit.

In other words, they stole the trademarked "Super 35" name and are using it to imply they are selling you a 30 spline axle upgrade kit.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #71
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ
Here's another fine example of Rocky Road's honest advertising:

http://www.rocky-road.com/jeepaxle.html

They are selling 27 spline alloy D35 axle shafts with a locker and are calling it a "Super 35" kit.

In other words, they stole the trademarked "Super 35" name and are using it to imply they are selling you a 30 spline axle upgrade kit.

wow!!! what a jack ***....no way am i getting my sliders from him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #72
Ds4x4
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites
Kev, as several of us have said, the quality of your parts and the exceptional service are much, much more important to us than website aesthetics. Keep up the great service

X2.. I personally use Firefox now and I would consider it only minor navigation problems.. When I last ordered I received at least three invoices with handwritten notes from Cassie or yourself thanking me for ordering.. THAT is what customer service is about! Keep it up Kevin
OME Stab.; Rustys 2" BB + shocks, xtreme hi-lift, Kennesaw Rear MultiCarrier
Proud To Be A FF/EMT/Police/Military Club Member #15
Ds4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #73
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

In addition to what I posted above regarding the Rocky Road Super 35 kits...

They also are using a picture of an actual Super 35 axle shaft to advertise the different product they are selling you. You can see they colored out the Superior name brand on the end of the axle shaft. You can also see these axle shafts do not neck down like a 27 spline D35 axle shaft will.

They also stole stats from the Super 35 kit. They claim their 27 spline kit adds the same 35% increase in strength. All other vendors who sell the chromoly 27 spline D35 axle shafts claim they are good for about a 20% increase in strength.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #74
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

rocky road has some of the WORST customer service I've EVER seen!
I talked to Glen one time and tried to work out an issue I was having with a non-fitting part and the lack of help I was getting. His EXACT QUOTE to me was "I sell Jeep parts, not service!"
He won't be selling them to ME again!:
Unread 08-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #75
kenbuck
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, hes my hero.
Hows does someone like him stay in business?
33" KM's
misc other stuff.....
kenbuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.