Bad Rocky Road Offroad (RRO) Experience :( - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bad Rocky Road Offroad (RRO) Experience :(

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 07-29-2007, 06:15 AM   #46
kenbuck
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i completely agree!

33" KM's
misc other stuff.....
kenbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #47
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

I am glad this is a sticky... ppl need to see how poopy RR is.
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #48
KevinF

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbuck
i guess i should have listened to everyone. placed an order from him last week and still hasnt been shipped. so i called and cancelled and ordered through Kevins and this is the email i get from Glenn Wakefield, the owner of rro,

"One-man backyard operations like Kevin's are able to ship quick as they only get a couple orders per day. Unfortunately I guess, the huge demand for our parts causes us to have to play catch-up this time of year. In slower times for our industry such as Fall coming up, orders are usually shipped same or next day. Good that you were able to find someone slow enough to ship right away though.

Glenn Wakefield"

Unbelievable
I *thought* I felt the breeze from a cheap shot whizzing past my head!!! Slow little one-man backyard operation my a$$. We typically ship three times per week when we are slower, and then *MORE* often when we're busier. I thought all businesses did that!!?? Today we processed 16 orders, I did a one-hour phone consultation, AND wrote 55 e-mails back to customers since 9am. It's now 9pm. I wouldn't call that a slow time of year, but maybe Glenn would. We outgrew our 2500 square foot shop some time ago, but continue stacking and packing to keep our overhead low so that we can buy a building. Lots in the city of Phoenix start around $300k, so we'll be at least a half-mil into Real Estate ALONE in the next two years. We currently have 8 full time and part time employees. I doubt anyone who has been by our shop and seen our equipment would call our operation "backyard", but what do *I* know?

I *DO* know that we make a VERY concerted effort to ship right away to keep our valued customers happy with the speed they get the product that they just spent their hard-earned money on. I also know that when we screw up (and, until I can replace all our humans with robots, we will continue screwing up), we take full responsibility for the error, and typically fix the problem quickly, typically with our wallet bearing the brunt of the mistake.

Glenn and I are going to need to have a conversation so that we can come to an agreement about what KOR is, and what KOR is not. No e-mail address on his website, so I'll call tomorrow. Not sure why THAT dig was necessary...to the best of my knowledge, we've never met, nor have I had an unkind word to say about him or his company.

Kevin
KevinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #49
BigDaveZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinF
I *thought* I felt the breeze from a cheap shot whizzing past my head!!! Slow little one-man backyard operation my a$$. We typically ship three times per week when we are slower, and then *MORE* often when we're busier. I thought all businesses did that!!?? Today we processed 16 orders, I did a one-hour phone consultation, AND wrote 55 e-mails back to customers since 9am. It's now 9pm. I wouldn't call that a slow time of year, but maybe Glenn would. We outgrew our 2500 square foot shop some time ago, but continue stacking and packing to keep our overhead low so that we can buy a building. Lots in the city of Phoenix start around $300k, so we'll be at least a half-mil into Real Estate ALONE in the next two years. We currently have 8 full time and part time employees. I doubt anyone who has been by our shop and seen our equipment would call our operation "backyard", but what do *I* know?

I *DO* know that we make a VERY concerted effort to ship right away to keep our valued customers happy with the speed they get the product that they just spent their hard-earned money on. I also know that when we screw up (and, until I can replace all our humans with robots, we will continue screwing up), we take full responsibility for the error, and typically fix the problem quickly, typically with our wallet bearing the brunt of the mistake.

Glenn and I are going to need to have a conversation so that we can come to an agreement about what KOR is, and what KOR is not. No e-mail address on his website, so I'll call tomorrow. Not sure why THAT dig was necessary...to the best of my knowledge, we've never met, nor have I had an unkind word to say about him or his company.

Kevin

I remember at GSW 2001 in Aspen I was talking to you about trading my TeraFlex gift cert to Trango for the RRO sliders and you had nothing but good things to say about their product.

So how much of that half mill in real estate will I have contributed to?? LOL
Unread 08-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #50
kenbuck
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well Kevin, I ended up ordering my trackbar from you and got it in 5 days, in Massachusetts.

10 days and he didnt even process my order yet.

You have my business from now on. You actually had it before too, but i tried to save a few bucks, that never works out. He, on the other hand, will never see a penny of my money. And i think i speak for many people who have read this post. Keep up the good work and good luck on your continued expansion.
33" KM's
misc other stuff.....
Unread 08-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #51
JayIV
2004 WJ 

I wanna know what he says when Kevin calls.
Unread 08-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #52
kenbuck
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Me 2. I wish it was through email so we all could have seen it
33" KM's
misc other stuff.....
Unread 08-03-2007, 12:13 PM   #53
BigDaveZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbuck
Me 2. I wish it was through email so we all could have seen it
Methinks Kevin has more class than that. I don't see him sharing many details of his convo with Glenn.
Unread 08-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #54
kenbuck
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I shared my email!

I guess its different circumstances with Kevin though. Im just glad he saw it and is dealing with it.
33" KM's
misc other stuff.....
Unread 08-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #55
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

KOR,

is that a website? I remember a phone call back in 00 as he was picking up a buddy from the airport. He forgot that it was 1045pm there and I was on East coast time.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #56
towermonkey
2008 WK 

Well, the shocks finally shipped, but still don't have them. UPS seems to be in on the conspiracy. I ordered this kit on June 23rd. Is six weeks some kind of record? Kevin, I'll be ordering from you in the future.
towermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #57
kenbuck
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by towermonkey
Well, the shocks finally shipped, but still don't have them. UPS seems to be in on the conspiracy. I ordered this kit on June 23rd. Is six weeks some kind of record? Kevin, I'll be ordering from you in the future.
A guy in my club waited 6 weeks for the parts for his wj lift to start coming in.

They came on seperate days in seperate boxes too. It was a mess. The quality of the parts were good, but not something i'd wait 6 weeks for.
33" KM's
misc other stuff.....
Unread 08-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #58
chipmunkchyc04
1995 ZJ 

took me 4 weeks to get most of my lift, another 3 weeks to get my shocks... which the shipped seperately and charged ME EXTRA shipping than was on the original bill... put my lift on.. i think its a TRE? but its the top end on the adj track bar... doesnt fit in the whole right from the get go, wouldnt hold any grease, tore and came off 5 days after the lift had been on........
Unread 08-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #59
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

These are good lessons learned.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #60
95ZJL
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
Kevins site is probably holding his business back...that thing is a nightmare
lol i was going to say something, for a computer savvy guy as stated in his bio, id assume some of his html skills would perspire from that site, whatever his products are absolutely hard KOR
2" Doestch 3000 Shocks
31x10.5 BFG All-Terrain's
KOR Radiator Support
95ZJL is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.