Bad Rocky Road Offroad (RRO) Experience :( - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bad Rocky Road Offroad (RRO) Experience :(

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 04-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #361
jfabian
1993 ZJ 

wow!!!! just got done reading ALL 24 PAGES (yes, that bored at work lol) and i am kinda glad i didn't order from them!!! i was looking at their 2''bb and wrote them an email:

"Hello. I cannot afford to get shocks at this time, but want to lift my ZJ and saw your 2” BB w/ BPE and thought PERFECT!!! But as I looked around your site, I see that the BPE’s are for the front only. Do the rear shocks not need these at only 2”? Thank you for any info!!"

they responded very quickly with:

"The rear shocks are mounted at a tilt, so they are not affected much by a mild 2" lift... so its not a 1:1 ratio on the lift to shock extension in back. Stock shocks still do fine.

Whereas the front shocks run straight up and down. So a 2" lift on the front means the shocks are stretched a full 2"... and do need the BPE assistance.

Hope that makes sense..."

i can see his reasoning, but i managed to save a bit more money and went with a 3.5" kit (not theirs) which i am happy with. so while my interaction with them was brief, and i liked what i saw on their site, i am kinda glad i didn't go with them, and now will deal with IRO, kolak or KOR!!!! just bought a 94 xj for the wife, so as they say "Just Empty Every Pocket"!!!!lol

Unread 04-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #362
ride172
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelbuilder View Post
RRO has been known to steal babies from hospitals.
That is seriously funny right there...
ride172 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2010, 04:48 AM   #363
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

holy effing hell! before i buy anything i do lots of research ie, install difficulties, adaption problems, and most importantly customer reviews.
that being said where is the first place i am SOOOOOOO glad to have typed in rocky road outfitters? right here on JF of course. thank you so much everyone for saving me 1500 skins. i was about to buy the soa kit for yj with shocks and the over-steer kit. even if it is an ebay auction and my jeep is in rolling chassis format waiting to receive a chassis saver treatment and new lift. the wait is obviously not an issue, however combat weathered marines are not known for their patience with incompetence. thus you may have also saved me an aggravated assault related prison sentence as well.

and my wife says i waste time looking on here... sheesh!

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #364
ride172
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
holy effing hell! before i buy anything i do lots of research ie, install difficulties, adaption problems, and most importantly customer reviews.
that being said where is the first place i am SOOOOOOO glad to have typed in rocky road outfitters? right here on JF of course. thank you so much everyone for saving me 1500 skins. i was about to buy the soa kit for yj with shocks and the over-steer kit. even if it is an ebay auction and my jeep is in rolling chassis format waiting to receive a chassis saver treatment and new lift. the wait is obviously not an issue, however combat weathered marines are not known for their patience with incompetence. thus you may have also saved me an aggravated assault related prison sentence as well.

and my wife says i waste time looking on here... sheesh!
This thread should be taken down... There have been many happy customers from RRO... This one thread got blown out of proportion... I would order from RRO... They have some good products...
ride172 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #365
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

then i suggest you start a "Good rocky road outfitters experiences" thread. i may be more apt to order if i hear from said happy customers. until then i'll continue to hold onto "MY" hard earned money for something "I" am 100% confident I'll be satisfied with.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #366
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

nothing wrong with their products so much, just shipping and customer service, but that was years ago for me. had a fellow jeeper by me ordered a bb kit from them. not only were they the cheapest, but it was at his door in 3 days. hard to beat that....
with that said, if my thread on my HORRIBLE KOR experience was closed within 3 days, i don't know how this one stays alive. politics i guess......
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2010, 05:39 AM   #367
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

...So i guess they are better now... I want the 3.5"...
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #368
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

i'd feel fine ordering from them
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #369
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Great, order all you like and just take a match to your checkbook. RRO doesn't even use their own pictures to advertise, they use other companies and other pics from the internet. SO, beware.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #370
javaman1
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I would argree that product delivery is slow. BUT i was told when ordering that it would take up to 2 weeks. I have no problems with waiting if i am told up front. The SOA kit for the YJ went on nice and they were able to help with the 2 questions i did have over the phone.... I would buy from them anytime! Oh and the lift works great! nice ride and great flex.
javaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #371
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

is there a link to the "happy RRO customers" thread?

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #372
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

wow. just read it all. lucked out. happy i ordered from IRO.

i do however think a poll should be started on this. I dunno if this forum does it like my other forum.

maybe a vote on"i've had good service fromRRO" "i've had bad service from RRO" and another of a simlilar nature describing whether or not the service in question was within the last six months so we can see if the company is at least improving.

A Gun dealer in WA was getting trashed on a hunting forum in a similar manner a while back. The thread was brought to the attention of the dealer and he used it as a base to get his company back on track. it was quite impressive.
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #373
LiveTo4x4
1977 CJ7 

Well, to add to this thread. On March 15th 2011 I ordered the Old Man Emu Deluxe CJ 3" lift kit. It includes the YJ conversion kit and I opted for the Heavy duty springs. Yesterday, April 25th, I received just the springs. I placed a call to Rocky-Road and I explained to the guy on the phone what was delivered. He told me that they wanted to make room in the shop so they shipped just the springs (said there were over 100 orders of OME springs) and the rest of the kit would be shipped at another time. I asked when and he couldn't give me an answer. I said that I would have appreciated a headsup that only the springs were coming. (since i got the shipping notification that my order was being shipped I arranged to have help come to help me install it) He told me, and I quote, "I don't have time to baby sit every order, or to call every guy that has a kit that is missing parts."

I said to him is this really his idea of customer service? and he replied "I sell lift kits, not customer service". What an @$$ hole! I don't know why I didn't do a search on here for Rocky-road.com but I am now 7 almost 8 weeks after paying 1300 bucks for a lift kit that still hasn't shown up yet!!!! I just pray that I actually get the rest of the kit! I will never ever buy from that guy again.

The only positive I may see is this, the OME springs look to be very well made! lol

(and not having the lift on the Jeep is holding me back from installing my 4BT, NV4500, NP205)
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #374
XOFMOT
2000 TJ Wrangler 

WOW..Glad I researched here on JF before I placed my SOA order today!!!! Any more updates from anyone on here about them?? any improvements yet??

1981 CJ7 Chevy 350, Trans Am Shaker Hood, stock suspension, 31" tires
XOFMOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #375
bobsugar3
1993 ZJ 

Has anyone ordered from these guys recently?
bobsugar3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.