Bad? News about the exploding jeeps - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bad? News about the exploding jeeps

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Reply
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #61
dnuccio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by zander21510 View Post
Whoever goes to the dealership post results here!
will do

__________________
Reliability is relative
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
dnuccio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #62
S8NNG8
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena, Montana
Posts: 4,230
Hell ya, I don't even plan to start modding the ZJ for about 5 years or so. I'll gladly take free mods to get me started early. The hitch on my XJ just saved my *** when I got rearended by a motorcycle, but had it been a car, the hitch wouldn't have made any difference. I just like how the hitch ties the "frame" tails together to create a stiffer platform.
__________________
D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:14 AM   #63
eagsc7
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sweetwater Cyt, WY
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Hell ya, I don't even plan to start modding the ZJ for about 5 years or so. I'll gladly take free mods to get me started early. The hitch on my XJ just saved my *** when I got rearended by a motorcycle, but had it been a car, the hitch wouldn't have made any difference. I just like how the hitch ties the "frame" tails together to create a stiffer platform.
LOL! Reminds me of when a car hit my dads old jeep. It hooked its upper radiator support in the hitch ball, and the tow company laughed and asked if we could just pull it to their shop. Once the vehicles were seperated, the only thing was one of those plastic caps broke the plastic pushpin that held one side on.
eagsc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #64
caseyliffick
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas City, KS
Posts: 250
There won't be results for a few weeks at the earliest
caseyliffick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #65
dnuccio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,484
Here is the e-mail i got from chrysler in response to my e-mail in which i played dumb and asked if there was any recalls for my jeep.


Dear Daniel:

Thank you for contacting the Jeep Customer Assistance Center regarding
your 1995 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE.

The following is an updated message as of June 19, 2013 concerning the
NHTSA Recall Request on 1993-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees and 2002 to 2007
Jeep Liberties.

Chrysler Group LLC and the National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration (NHTSA) have resolved their differences with respect to
NHTSA's request to recall 1993-2004 Jeep® Grand Cherokee and 2002-2007
Jeep Liberty vehicles.

As a result of the agreement, Chrysler Group will conduct a voluntary
campaign with respect to the vehicles in question that, in addition to a
visual inspection of the vehicle will, if necessary, provide an upgrade
to the rear structure of the vehicle to better manage crash forces in
low-speed impacts.

Chrysler Group's analysis of the data confirms that these vehicles are
not defective and are among the safest in the peer group. Nonetheless,
Chrysler Group recognizes that this matter has raised concerns for its
customers and plans to incrementally improve the performance of some of
the subject vehicles in certain types of low-speed impacts. Chrysler
will begin notifying dealers and owners with specific information
beginning in July, 2013.

Chrysler Group regards safety as a paramount concern and does not
compromise on the safety of our customers and their families.

?1.56 million vehicles are involved in a safety recall and these
include 1993 to 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokees (ZJ) and the 2002-2007 Jeep
Liberty (KJ).
?1.2 million vehicles are part of a customer service action, which means
there is no safety concern for these vehicles. This includes 1999 to
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees (WJ).
?In either case, Chrysler has identified an opportunity to improve the
performance of some of these vehicles, by providing upgrade to the rear
structure of the vehicle, where appropriate, to better manage crash
forces in low-speed impacts.
?Customers will be notified in July on the process for scheduling
repairs and should not contact their dealers on this issue until they
receive notification.

A review of our records indicates that your vehicle does not currently
require service for any other recall campaigns.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Kristine

Customer Service Representative
Jeep Customer Assistance Center
__________________
Reliability is relative
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
dnuccio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #66
jcool1985
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 252
Does anyone know if it will just be the hitch or will the dealer install the wiring harness also so we can actually use it for towing? They will have to include a disclaimer it is illegal to tow with no trailer lights etc so maybe they will just include the wiring.
jcool1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #67
eagsc7
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sweetwater Cyt, WY
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcool1985 View Post
Does anyone know if it will just be the hitch or will the dealer install the wiring harness also so we can actually use it for towing? They will have to include a disclaimer it is illegal to tow with no trailer lights etc so maybe they will just include the wiring.
Only in select states/ provinces... and only at night.

Out Jeepin, usin the Mobile App
__________________
My Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/steaks-zj-build-repair-thread-1552698/
eagsc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #68
JeepNicholson
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Burbank, OH
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
Here is the e-mail i got from chrysler in response to my e-mail in which i played dumb and asked if there was any recalls for my jeep.

Dear Daniel:
Great name. It's good to be a part of The All-Dan Army
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #69
dnuccio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagsc7 View Post
Only in select states/ provinces... and only at night.

Out Jeepin, usin the Mobile App
you need turn signals and brake lights on a trailer day or night
__________________
Reliability is relative
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
dnuccio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #70
eagsc7
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sweetwater Cyt, WY
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post

you need turn signals and brake lights on a trailer day or night
Like I said, " In some states...".

I know for a fact that it is not required to have brake lights or turn signals on trailers in the day for the following states: MO, KS, CO, WY, UT, ID, MT, SD, WA, OR, SD for a start.

Heck, if your vehicle is old enough, it's NOT required to have ANY lights on it for daytime driving. Course, those are now mainly 'trailer queens' now....

Out Jeepin, usin the Mobile App
__________________
My Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/steaks-zj-build-repair-thread-1552698/
eagsc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #71
S8NNG8
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena, Montana
Posts: 4,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagsc7 View Post

Like I said, " In some states...".

I know for a fact that it is not required to have brake lights or turn signals on trailers in the day for the following states: MO, KS, CO, WY, UT, ID, MT, SD, WA, OR, SD for a start.

Heck, if your vehicle is old enough, it's NOT required to have ANY lights on it for daytime driving. Course, those are now mainly 'trailer queens' now....

Out Jeepin, usin the Mobile App
I don't know where you're from, but MT doesn't belong on that list. It's about safety, not age. YOU HAVE TO HAVE TAIL LIGHTS ON A TRAILER.
__________________
D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #72
S8NNG8
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena, Montana
Posts: 4,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagsc7 View Post

Like I said, " In some states...".

I know for a fact that it is not required to have brake lights or turn signals on trailers in the day for the following states: MO, KS, CO, WY, UT, ID, MT, SD, WA, OR, SD for a start.

Heck, if your vehicle is old enough, it's NOT required to have ANY lights on it for daytime driving. Course, those are now mainly 'trailer queens' now....

Out Jeepin, usin the Mobile App
And I'm pretty sure you need trailer lights in South Dakota and South Dakota
__________________
D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #73
eagsc7
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sweetwater Cyt, WY
Posts: 432
I guess you don't realize there is a Difference between Recommended and Required. Reason that I stated those states is when I've had a trailer that didn't have lights on it, I had to know what states I could legally drive it thru for various reasons.

I just looked it up again, and Here is where I got the info. GA, SD, AB, NWT, and YT are the only ones that have lights required at all times. Thus, IF it's not Required for Daytime Running Lights, then Trailer lights in the day are NOT Required...

*I'm Done with this...*
eagsc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #74
S8NNG8
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena, Montana
Posts: 4,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagsc7 View Post
I guess you don't realize there is a Difference between Recommended and Required. Reason that I stated those states is when I've had a trailer that didn't have lights on it, I had to know what states I could legally drive it thru for various reasons.

I just looked it up again, and Here is where I got the info. GA, SD, AB, NWT, and YT are the only ones that have lights required at all times. Thus, IF it's not Required for Daytime Running Lights, then Trailer lights in the day are NOT Required...

*I'm Done with this...*
Do as you please, half-assed. If/when you get rear-ended, it'll be your fault
__________________
D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #75
dnuccio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Do as you please, half-assed. If/when you get rear-ended, it'll be your fault
this^
__________________
Reliability is relative
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
dnuccio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.