Back in the Jeep world, Mama's family Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Back in the Jeep world, Mama's family Jeep

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 08-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
extsp2
2000 WJ 

Back in the Jeep world, Mama's family Jeep

I had to leave the Jeep community for a couple years because having a baby in a TJ was getting a bit tight so we got rid of our TJ and motorhome and had to go to a GMC crewcab and 5th wheel. But Mama's Explorer is falling apart rapidly so I got her a 2000 WJ limited with a 4.7 and Selec Trac. No huge plans other than fixing every little thing wrong (radio controls, door check, hatch and glass shocks, etc...) but she said I could do a BB and some JK wheels and tires. It's just going to be the family truckster but she wants a cool one and turned me loose. This is what I'm starting with, wasn't the deal of the century but around here one without rust and rot is hard to find.

Thanks for reading.

p1060202-640x480-.jpg

p1060203-640x480-.jpg

p1060204-640x480-.jpg

Unread 08-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #2
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Looks like a good clean starting point. Congrats on the purchase!
Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
http://www.gofundme.com/d8jlwo
derekmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
extsp2
2000 WJ 

Thanks. Now does anyone have a rear Addco sway bar for sale?
Unread 08-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
extsp2
2000 WJ 

So far I got the 2"BB in with ProComp shocks, replaced the left outer cv boot and tie rod end. Replaced all the lifts for the rear hatch and glass, replaced the steering wheel controls for the radio, replaced the headlights with a pair from a Laredo and put on some vent visors and a bug shield. I scored 5 JK wheels and tires with 900 miles on them for $500. Next on the list is a steering damper and Addco or Dorman rear sway bar.
2000-wj.jpg

2000-wj2.jpg

2000-wj3.jpg

Unread 08-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Looks really nice. Hows it drive and ride with the added tire size and BB? What kind of mpg are you getting?

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2014, 10:40 PM   #6
extsp2
2000 WJ 

It rides nicer than before from a combination of things. It has 140K on it but I replaced the front springs with a pair that have 33k. Plus 2 of the 4 shocks were leaking and needed to be replaced anyway. No idea on MPG as it hasn't been on the road long enough but I'm going to guess around 15 average.
Unread 08-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Oh ok, I really like the stance with the stock JK rims. I have the snowflake rims and am not fond of them. I drive alot so I dont want to compromise style for handling. Is your speedo off from the extra tire size?

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2014, 06:29 AM   #8
extsp2
2000 WJ 

I know that it's off but I haven't GPSed it yet to see how much. I usually don't recalibrate the speedo but I probably will with this one because it's her daily driver not mine.
Unread 09-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
extsp2
2000 WJ 

Rear Addco bar in. Big difference. They should come from the factory with bars that big. Fixed the CD changer in the back, now it's a 9 disc changer instead of 2. Next up is some nerf bars or step tubes.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.