arb winch bumper what winches besides warn fit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > arb winch bumper what winches besides warn fit?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 06-21-2013, 04:19 AM   #1
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

arb winch bumper what winches besides warn fit?

I just bought my second zj. It's a 5.9 limited with an re 3.5" lift on 31x10.5's. It came with an arb deluxe bull bar, but no winch. I'm looking into wheeling a few times a year and would like to have a winch in case I get stuck. I'm not looking to spend a lot. Probably around $300. So I'm thinking a superwinch lp8500 or similar. What are you guys running that's not warn?

5.9 Limited, RE 4" lift, RE FTB, JK take offs w/ 255/75/17 BFG MT's, 1.25" wheel adapters, ARB Bumper, Superwinch LP10000, K&N intake, Flowmaster, custom JL & Focal stereo, 20% tint, KOR roof mount tire carrier, JCR sliders, cobra 75 wx st
hondakilla98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
x10radsponge
1998 ZJ 

Harbor Freight. 12k lbs winch for 299 as they are usually always on sale. I think 4wheel offroad or another well known mag gave them a good rating also.

http://www.harborfreight.com/off-roa...ity-68142.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/wireles...rol-69229.html
x10radsponge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Superwinch 10k will fit. Dont know about the one above.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

Harbor freight is too hit or miss for me. Which superwinch 10k?
5.9 Limited, RE 4" lift, RE FTB, JK take offs w/ 255/75/17 BFG MT's, 1.25" wheel adapters, ARB Bumper, Superwinch LP10000, K&N intake, Flowmaster, custom JL & Focal stereo, 20% tint, KOR roof mount tire carrier, JCR sliders, cobra 75 wx st
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
David97
1995 ZJ 

Ive been looking at winches in that price range as well. Not sure what would fit on that bumper as I don't own one.

But the winches Ive been looking at in that price range include the Smittybilt XRC8k for 300 shipped at most places. Engo 9k for usually 300 shipped. And the Rough Country 9.5k, for 299+shipping.

I thought about the harbor frieght ones as well, but after a lot of reading Ive decided Id rather buy something else.
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

The LP10000 is what I have in mine.
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
FAlfani81
1993 ZJ 

I have a 6000 Harbor freight winch on the front of mine that I got for $Free.99

Had it for over a year and used it twice, did the job.
FAlfani81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
The LP10000 is what I have in mine.
Did you have to do any mods to the bumper or buy any parts to install it that didn't come with the LP10000? Did you use the superwinch roller fairlead? Have you used your winch? If so, are you happy with it?
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #9
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondakilla98 View Post
Did you have to do any mods to the bumper or buy any parts to install it that didn't come with the LP10000? Did you use the superwinch roller fairlead? Have you used your winch? If so, are you happy with it?
No mods to the bumper itself to fit, I did have to notch the stock crossmember to fit the freespool lever. I had to do no other things to it.

I am using the Superwinch roller fairlead with it.

I have beat the crap out of it. Rear ended a Honda, zero damage. Winched up a big *** hill in -20* weather to the point it was killing my battery. Submerged it fully multiple times and pressure washed it. No issues.
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #10
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
No mods to the bumper itself to fit, I did have to notch the stock crossmember to fit the freespool lever. I had to do no other things to it.

I am using the Superwinch roller fairlead with it.

I have beat the crap out of it. Rear ended a Honda, zero damage. Winched up a big *** hill in -20* weather to the point it was killing my battery. Submerged it fully multiple times and pressure washed it. No issues.
just going to pm you with my questions from here on out.

That's at the top of my list right now. Now to figure out what to spend money on first. Wheels/tires, winch, or roof rack.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.