Well, had to take a step backwards yesterday. I noticed the DS wasn't going to clear the new exhaust, so I had to cut the exhaust again and reshape part of it. I got it finished, now it clears the driveshaft at full bump also. the Y-pipe is finally 1 peice again, and I welded it up with the engine in the truck, to make sure I could pull it out as one peice. It's a tight fit, but I was able to even with the front axle at full bump! Then I finish welded it and called it a day. So, here are some pics of whats up. First off, the exhaust vs driveshaft from the perspective of the tcase yoke:
Manifold, starter, and frame rail
Newest version of the exhaust:
Today I went back and plated the frame rail. It was divided into two peices with that horizontal line because there is another peice of the unibody running there. I was able to weld to it as well so all factory structure is connected. I'm not sure if I'm done with it yet, I might add a larger top plate to disperse the loads. And sorry for the ****ty looking welds lol, I suck at vertical and had to fill a few gaps.
awesome. i dream of being able to do a project like this one day.
and people actually o over those rocks in the "sluice"?! because thats ridiculous. might as well climb the sears tower.i would **** my pants just looking at it.
Haha yes, yes they do. It's pretty much the hardest obstacle I can think of around here.
CJ7guy, it's an NV3500 from a Dakota
Rat, if I were to build custom headers (I've thought about it), I could get the exhaust to dump in front of the starter instead of next to it, then you could squeeze it between the stock frame rails. I'll make sure to get a video of my...reaction...to bangin through gears lol!
I must say, the NV3500's shift location lends itself well to the WJ's dash. The factory shifter bracket is an issue (mine is removed), but look at where it comes out. 10 minutes with a dremel is all it took to get this far