Also my single UCA on the passenger side
So here I am with it "done"
Flexin it out the first time, nice
Now a while down the road, my single UCA mount failed
*****UCA MOUNT FAILURE*****
Tore through 2 peices of 1/4" plate, but it was a bad design on my part.
Hit the brakes too hard, UCA mount tore off and the whole axle rotated forwards ALOT. Springs removed themselves from the upper perches, it snapped both my shocks and broke the straps out of the front DS yoke.
SO It was time to rebuild the upper mounts, and do it the right way.
Left side in the pic is a 1/2" plate with a hole bored in it with tube for the bushing, 3/16" support. The truss is 2x2x.250 tube with the tube welded on, it's been years like this now with no issues.
Then I swapped the engines, after this incident it never ran right after...
Out with the old,
Reman goes in-
Then the new engine had to come BACK out because the guys who built it didnt tighten down the cam gear bolts so one of them spun. No internal damage. Got it fixed and back together, have over 2k miles on it now, the swap was completed about 2.5 weeks ago I'd guess?
After that hassle, built some upper coil retainers.
Now the reason for saying DON'T DO YOUR DRAGLINK LIKE I DID!!!
Yeah...I cranked to hard and snapped the draglink near one of my welds...so we made a new one on the trail. This happened after having a BAD time with the stock waggy tie rod. I bent it early on and kept pushing it. It kept bending back so far the draglink TRE nut was hitting the lower track bar bolt and not allowing me to turn, so we stopped there for the night and did some custom work on the tie rod...
Over on the drivers side you see my hi-lift handle over the factory BEND in the waggy tie rod...I pounded it over the bend by hand by slamming it on a rock. I woke up with blisters in the morning. On the drivers side we welded a little angle iron to the back using our batteries, it also acted as a skid across the head of the track bar bolt. Got me further into the trail, then back out, then 100 miles home.
But it was enough - Flat top knuckles, high steer arms, new balljoints and 1 ton steering. YUP.
This is how I roll now:
I was also dog tracking BAD after that trip. I wonder why...
Later on, got my 35" swampers I'm running now...
Snow wheelin/camping trip with swampers =D
Gas tank raise
Built a tunnel for the fuel hoses to run through inside.