Anyone have experience using National tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Anyone have experience using National tires?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
greyhnd
1996 ZJ 

Anyone have experience using National tires?

Hello folks.

96 ZJ Laredo 2wd and time to buy some tires. Does anyone have any experience with National Tires? I have a small local tire shop that I'm thinking about using instead of one of the bigger outlets this time.

They have a National Commando tire that I'm kind of interested in. It's a light truck tire, which I think will be fine for my Jeep, but I'm having a heck of a time finding any information about it. I can't swear to it, but I think the tire is made by Cooper.

Here's a link to the National Tire website and the tire. They are distributed by Del-Nat in Memphis, Tn.
http://www.nationaltire.com/catalog/...1&tsubcatid=11

greyhnd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
84xjwagoneer
1984 XJ Cherokee 

I just got a set of Commando APs in 31x10.5r15 a few weeks ago and so far they are excellent on the road in all conditions . just dealt with heavy snow, rain and lots of ice and I have yet to lose traction at all and haven't had to use my 4wd once, even in the blizzard we got last week with over 6" on the road. I've had the same difficulty as you in finding information on these tires, but the price was right (530 for 4 installed balanced out the door, 200 less then anyone else offered). If they're what your budget allows for then I recommend them for on road use, haven't had any experience off road beyond heavily rutted muddy and icy dirt road where they didn't lose traction much if at all.
84xjwagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.