any UK jeep owners? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > any UK jeep owners?

Save 17.76% for the 4th of july with ruffstuff specialtiesJuly 4th Sale Event! and Yes, We're Open!Metalcloak: Celebrate Freedom with Free Shipping

Unread 06-19-2015, 03:09 PM   #1
psicobra
2004 WJ 

any UK jeep owners?

Hi guys i live in wales and i was wondering if some one knows a good garage to deal with my jeep issues im not very good with cars so wont be doing much my self thanks.

Andy

psicobra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2015, 03:28 AM   #2
MadderThanMax

Hi Mate,

Can't Help you I'm afraid, I'm up in Scotland..good to see another 2.7 on board though
MadderThanMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2015, 04:15 AM   #3
psicobra
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadderThanMax View Post
Hi Mate,

Can't Help you I'm afraid, I'm up in Scotland..good to see another 2.7 on board though
Hi max found a guy up in Stockton on Tees long way from here but he seems to know what he is on about going to take a drive on Saturday get him to sort it.

PSICOBRA
Unread 06-20-2015, 04:43 AM   #4
MadderThanMax

My car came from Holyhead and there was some reciepts with it I'll have a look. If you're willing to travel then Greg McAllen over in Leicester is you're best bet and he's really good!

http://www.4playjeep.com/index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=1

Good Luck!

Incidentally there are a few UK owners on here: AlfaItalia, BlueGC, Globetrotter, Deanlad to name but a few, give them time and their sure to appear..
MadderThanMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2015, 06:45 AM   #5
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Hello!
Unread 06-20-2015, 06:55 AM   #6
psicobra
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadderThanMax View Post
My car came from Holyhead and there was some reciepts with it I'll have a look. If you're willing to travel then Greg McAllen over in Leicester is you're best bet and he's really good!

http://www.4playjeep.com/index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=1

Good Luck!

Incidentally there are a few UK owners on here: AlfaItalia, BlueGC, Globetrotter, Deanlad to name but a few, give them time and their sure to appear..
thanks for the info already had a good chat with alfaitalia hes given me loads of info probably fed up with me now lol.

psicobra
Unread 06-20-2015, 07:02 AM   #7
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Not at all. Saves me from doing any of the ACTUAL work im supposed to be doing!!! Its alright for you guys who don't have to work weekends!!!
Unread 06-20-2015, 01:03 PM   #8
psicobra
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
Not at all. Saves me from doing any of the ACTUAL work im supposed to be doing!!! Its alright for you guys who don't have to work weekends!!!
lol i do work weekends but i work from home so plenty of time to spend on here !!! oh and alfaitalia and i found a receipt for the number 2 injector being fixed last year so i thought perhaps the gunk was old gunk checked it again left the engine run for a bit and yeah i could here the noise and see a little spray this time. so its gone again im guessing it wasn’t done right in the first place.

psicobra
Unread 06-20-2015, 04:03 PM   #9
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

One of mine I had to do twice. Getting the seats perfectly clean is not easy...especially on 4 and 5 where you have to use a mirror to see properly. I bought a Mercedes seat cutter the second time I did it just to make sure. Only takes a tiny piece of carbon or a small scratch in the seat from over zealous cleaning and the copper seal...erm...won't! I was given the advise to put a thin smear of Blue Holymer on the copper washer to help seal any tiny scratches...seems to work!

Sent from the Dark Side (of the Pond) using only the Force.
Unread 06-21-2015, 12:13 AM   #10
psicobra
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
One of mine I had to do twice. Getting the seats perfectly clean is not easy...especially on 4 and 5 where you have to use a mirror to see properly. I bought a Mercedes seat cutter the second time I did it just to make sure. Only takes a tiny piece of carbon or a small scratch in the seat from over zealous cleaning and the copper seal...erm...won't! I was given the advise to put a thin smear of Blue Holymer on the copper washer to help seal any tiny scratches...seems to work!

Sent from the Dark Side (of the Pond) using only the Force.
hopefully ones a have all the injectors done properly that will be it for a while

psicobra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.