Any Advice? I'm Ready to buy my first GC! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Any Advice? I'm Ready to buy my first GC!

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMimi View Post
This is making me feel a lot better. I really like the whole " once you fix what the last guy neglected
, you're set. Kind of mentality."

Are the repairs on a jeep reasonably priced, I know that might seem like a silly question but what I mean is, if I were to buy a Lexus, Id know that I'm going to spend a fortune on a 150k mile service. Does the mechanic see you roll up in a jeep and get dollar signs in his eyes?

Also, judging by the posts on some other boards, it's seems a lot of people do work on their own,
And, I think I could do some upkeep. Is system pretty simple, like.. A ford? I've done a few things on an old f150 I had as a teenager. And i really enjoyed it.
If you like the whole idea of doing it your self it can be addicting my wife gets mad cuz i will lay under or hover over the hood of my jeep all night until day break but when im done it looks factory clean if i replace something i will work on the area the part goes in or on i take a rust bit for the drill and polish it up and clean it before i reassemble it my transmission pan had some rust spots on it so when i serviced my tranny hit the pan with a rust removing drill bit sand it clean it then prime it now i just have to find the problem with the tranny thought about tightening the bands in it but im just affraid ill mess it up specialy since i have no torque wrench to tighten it to factory specs

Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
LittleMimi

Thank you very much. This is very helpful.
LittleMimi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #18
LittleMimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedymcracer01 View Post
If you like the whole idea of doing it your self it can be addicting my wife gets mad cuz i will lay under or hover over the hood of my jeep all night until day break but when im done it looks factory clean if i replace something i will work on the area the part goes in or on i take a rust bit for the drill and polish it up and clean it before i reassemble it my transmission pan had some rust spots on it so when i serviced my tranny hit the pan with a rust removing drill bit sand it clean it then prime it now i just have to find the problem with the tranny thought about tightening the bands in it but im just affraid ill mess it up specialy since i have no torque wrench to tighten it to factory specs

Hahah, well, I smell like jet fuel half the time anyway so, what's a motor oil? Haahah
LittleMimi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #19
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMimi View Post
Thank you very much. This is very helpful.
Any time if you have any more questions or anything just post them thats what its here for
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.