Another one lost. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Another one lost.

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 11-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
bmcasler
2000 WJ 

Another one lost.

Yesterday morning, unfortunately I was in an accident while driving my WJ. Affectionately known as 'Zoolander.' I was hit at a red light by a Chrysler LHS going about 50 mph. The impact was enough that it broke the hitch receiver and punctured the gas tank. This also cause the spare tire well to be crushed upwards into the cargo area. The unibody almost has a taco fold to it now around the middle of the wheel well. Both front seats broke and fell backwards upon impact, only the drivers door and rear hatch could open after impact.

I managed to walk away with only a scratch on my chin, my passenger received some bruising on her right leg. the driver of the other car went to the hospital to have his chest looked at.

I've had this WJ for almost 4 years now, and it has served me dutifully for that time. Even traveled 2500 miles after I joined the military and departed from boot camp for my first training station. I'll miss my Jeep. It was genuinely a part of me. But I thank it for serving me and never asking for anything in return.

RIP Zoolander
26 November 2010-14 November 2014

imag0198.jpg

imag0200.jpg

imag0201.jpg

imag0206.jpg

imag0207.jpg

imag0208.jpg

imag0209.jpg

Unread 11-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
real_reckless
1999 WJ 

Sorry for your loss brother!! Glad you and the pass were ok
real_reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Ah man, really sorry to hear that! Are you going to be able to strip the tires and lights off of it?
Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #4
bmcasler
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmac View Post
Ah man, really sorry to hear that! Are you going to be able to strip the tires and lights off of it?
Pulled the lights, I can pull the wheels and tires, and I've already had an offer to buy the wheels and tires from me.
Unread 11-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #5
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Aw that's too bad, you going to look for another one?
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
metalhead
2000 WJ 

I was rearended by a taxi while I was stopped at a red light. The impact pushed me into the car in front of me and so on. But I had less damage than anyone. The taxi was totaled.
metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
bmcasler
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCeeJeep View Post
Aw that's too bad, you going to look for another one?
I'm looking for a WK, but I might look into a new Cherokee. Still waiting for the insurance companies to hash it out.
Unread 11-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
losttech

2000 WJ 

At least you walked away might not be able to say the with a little small car.

I would see a doctor just in case sometime this stuff happens and you really don't notice any problems until later.
Got some issues with a shoulder because off a T-bone and never went to the doc just is sore all the time and pops out easy.
losttech is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #9
bmcasler
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by losttech View Post
At least you waked away might not be able to say the with a little small car.

I would see a doctor just in case sometime this stuff happens and you really don't notice any problems until later.
Got some issues with a shoulder because off a T-bone and never went to the doc just is sore all the time and pops out easy.
True, and I hate small cars. And thanks for the concern, the Navy will look at me if I have any pressing issues come up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.