alwaysHI build thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > alwaysHI build thread

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #16
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI
Did you change your trans fluid/filter yourself? I was looking for a writeup but not finding much..(any way to save money, i'm game!)

Ahh, just make sure your tie rod ends are good before you do the lift. Thats what i did. Just lift the front end off the ground, and give the wheel a good shaking from side to side, and up and down for ball joints.
I have a mechanic friend that works at a jeep dealership that helps me out and did the trans stuff for me. I paid for fluid filter and he did the rest.

Yup! That's a good way for a quick check!

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #17
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Ahhh lucky! I need to do it soon, i'm at 92,xxx already.
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #18
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Did you change your trans fluid/filter yourself? I was looking for a writeup but not finding much..(any way to save money, i'm game!)

Ahh, just make sure your tie rod ends are good before you do the lift. Thats what i did. Just lift the front end off the ground, and give the wheel a good shaking from side to side, and up and down for ball joints.
It aint hard, i recently did My first full service myself. Drain, change filter, refill. I have the 545RFE, but i bet it very much the same....
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #19
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Ahhh lucky! I need to do it soon, i'm at 92,xxx already.
How often are you supposed to do a filter/fluid change? 50k?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #20
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

wjjeeps recommend you change it at 100,xxx miles, then after that, the following 30,000 miles.
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #21
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
wjjeeps recommend you change it at 100,xxx miles, then after that, the following 30,000 miles.
Ohhh ok, thanks for the info. New fluid and filters never hurt before

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #22
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

had a jeeper on the forum do a quick photoshop for me...what do you think??

??
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #23
BigFire
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post

??
Me thinks that looks awesome!

Question.

Snowboarding in Hawaii? I may have underestimated this global climate change thing...
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #24
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

thanks!
actually mauna kea has snow and quite a lot during storms, i have friends who snowboard up there....but i use the racks to hold my fishing poles
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #25
JulietheJeep
2002 WJ 

Looks nice, matches the black in the cladding, tail lights, windows, and rain guards.

Another Steel Blue WJ named Jenn.
3" IRO Lift, Bilstein 5100s, 32s, Roof basket
JulietheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #26
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:

??
Go for it!
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #27
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

thanks everyone! i think i just might, hehe.

here's how the snowboard racks hold the poles...it makes loading and unloading sooooooo much more efficient. these are from this past labor day weekend on a fishing trip to Miloli'i. i got 24mpg!

Unread 09-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #28
BigFire
1979 CJ7 

I would have never thought of using my rack for that! Thanks for the idea bro!
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #29
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

No problem!
Just make sure its at least a medium duty pole, if not it'll whip around too much. All light duty poles stay in the jeep, and medium/heavy and Ulua poles stay up top (they dont break into two pieces).
Unread 09-09-2011, 04:59 AM   #30
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Trimmed the front bumper some tonight for clearance at full flex, i'll post pics later

also been thinking of ordering the speedo corrector real soon...i know moony, gator, and eksmith are running it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.