Alternator question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Alternator question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
GrandChe89
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Alternator question

My alternator out of my 96 I6 jeep is toast. wondering if the one out of my 94 v8 will fit in? trying to save some money since I am swapping to the v8 in the spring.

GrandChe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Try here. They will know!

ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum - JeepForum.com

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

I've got a spare one you can have Kyle. Remind me this weekend and I can track it down if you want. Just help me out with a sticker haha.
Unread 11-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
GrandChe89
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
I've got a spare one you can have Kyle. Remind me this weekend and I can track it down if you want.
I kinda need it now lol this jeep is my dd and I just found out its leaking antifreeze all of a sudden, ahhh this sucks
Unread 11-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChe89 View Post
I kinda need it now lol this jeep is my dd and I just found out its leaking antifreeze all of a sudden, ahhh this sucks
Where's the Jeep leaking antifreeze from?
Unread 11-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
GrandChe89
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Where's the Jeep leaking antifreeze from?
havn't traced that down yet, looks like somewhere near the center of the engine. I think one of the heads might be gone too cause it is making this knocking noise. I think it got low on oil cause it has a rear main seal leak that is small, and I forgot to add more oil.
Unread 11-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
havn't traced that down yet, looks like somewhere near the center of the engine. I think one of the heads might be gone too cause it is making this knocking noise. I think it got low on oil cause it has a rear main seal leak that is small, and I forgot to add more oil.
Where in the center? Center of one side? Can you get a picture? Did you check the oil as well? If it's milky or doesn't look normal it could be an indicator of a blown head gasket. Did it overheat at all?
Unread 11-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
GrandChe89
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Where in the center? Center of one side? Can you get a picture? Did you check the oil as well? If it's milky or doesn't look normal it could be an indicator of a blown head gasket. Did it overheat at all?
it started to smoke a little. and havnt checked the oil yet. adn not sure of the antifreeze gotta check it out now, was trying to find out really quick if I could swap the alternators over or not
Unread 11-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #9
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
it started to smoke a little. and havnt checked the oil yet. adn not sure of the antifreeze gotta check it out now, was trying to find out really quick if I could swap the alternators over or not
Cross reference the part numbers, but I bet they're compatible. I put a 5.9 alternator on my 4.0.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.