all terrain to mud terrain issues? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > all terrain to mud terrain issues?

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #16
Thelt
2005 KJ Liberty 

You wanna know something sad. I had a 2002 Ford Exploder with a set of 265/75/16s with no lift and no rubbing. It is just not right that you can put a 32 inch tire on a stock Explorer and need 4" of lift to put it on a Jeep GC. Granted with its four wheel independent suspension it was limited off road compared to a GC but still Jeep should be better than Ford when it comes to leaving enough room for big tires.

I hate environmentalists, they keep me from enjoying the environment.
Thelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

The bigger picture is just measure for yourself or get the tire store to help. Not all 265/75R16 are the same true size. I have Maxxis Big horns and a Good Year Wrangler TD in the Same size the Goodyear is visibly smaller diameter.
Unread 06-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #18
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamison View Post
The bigger picture is just measure for yourself or get the tire store to help. Not all 265/75R16 are the same true size. I have Maxxis Big horns and a Good Year Wrangler TD in the Same size the Goodyear is visibly smaller diameter.

True.. don't go by a tire size calculator, always go by the manurfacturers specs..
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #19
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

Well, I've been wondering about what I have planned for mine.

I too will have a 3" IRO lift and want to run 265/70R17 tires. I was thinking about Cooper Discoverer STTs for mine.

So when you guys talk about trimming, what all are you having to trim? I see a few posts about using wheel spacers, but that just spaces the wheels out and doesn't help with the diameter of the tire.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

My Jeep Pics

I live. I wheel. I am. Jeep
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #20
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesfan70 View Post
Well, I've been wondering about what I have planned for mine.

I too will have a 3" IRO lift and want to run 265/70R17 tires. I was thinking about Cooper Discoverer STTs for mine.

So when you guys talk about trimming, what all are you having to trim? I see a few posts about using wheel spacers, but that just spaces the wheels out and doesn't help with the diameter of the tire.

Sounds like a squeeze to me
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.