all terrain to mud terrain issues? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > all terrain to mud terrain issues?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 06-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #16
Thelt
2005 KJ Liberty 

You wanna know something sad. I had a 2002 Ford Exploder with a set of 265/75/16s with no lift and no rubbing. It is just not right that you can put a 32 inch tire on a stock Explorer and need 4" of lift to put it on a Jeep GC. Granted with its four wheel independent suspension it was limited off road compared to a GC but still Jeep should be better than Ford when it comes to leaving enough room for big tires.

I hate environmentalists, they keep me from enjoying the environment.
Thelt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #17
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

The bigger picture is just measure for yourself or get the tire store to help. Not all 265/75R16 are the same true size. I have Maxxis Big horns and a Good Year Wrangler TD in the Same size the Goodyear is visibly smaller diameter.
Unread 06-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #18
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamison View Post
The bigger picture is just measure for yourself or get the tire store to help. Not all 265/75R16 are the same true size. I have Maxxis Big horns and a Good Year Wrangler TD in the Same size the Goodyear is visibly smaller diameter.

True.. don't go by a tire size calculator, always go by the manurfacturers specs..
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #19
Yesfan70
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Well, I've been wondering about what I have planned for mine.

I too will have a 3" IRO lift and want to run 265/70R17 tires. I was thinking about Cooper Discoverer STTs for mine.

So when you guys talk about trimming, what all are you having to trim? I see a few posts about using wheel spacers, but that just spaces the wheels out and doesn't help with the diameter of the tire.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

Only in a Jeep...
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #20
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesfan70 View Post
Well, I've been wondering about what I have planned for mine.

I too will have a 3" IRO lift and want to run 265/70R17 tires. I was thinking about Cooper Discoverer STTs for mine.

So when you guys talk about trimming, what all are you having to trim? I see a few posts about using wheel spacers, but that just spaces the wheels out and doesn't help with the diameter of the tire.

Sounds like a squeeze to me
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.