Akro's 2001 WJ Build.... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Akro's 2001 WJ Build....

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 01-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #31
orb
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrobatiks View Post
LOL... Its funny you ask that. I spend a lot of time out west in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and that area to ride in the winter. When Im not all the way out west I drive a lot up to Wisconsin to get in a few sessions so needless to say I spend a lot of time in my car. I'd love to move out there soon but for now Im stuck in Chicago because of the down housing market. Take way too much of a hit if I sell my properties right now. I don't mind road trips though, they are always an adventure!!! That's why I did up the interior so its money for long drives. Its great having entertainment for people in my ride so they chill out and let me drive...

Where you at in Chicago?
Nice, that makes much more sense. I used to live in Ukrainian Village but I didn't really like living in a huge city with no outdoor activities other than soccer and bball. Quit my job and moved to Denver. Went to A Basin today and couldn't be happier with that decision. The addition of a WJ in November really helps too

orb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #32
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb View Post
Nice, that makes much more sense. I used to live in Ukrainian Village but I didn't really like living in a huge city with no outdoor activities other than soccer and bball. Quit my job and moved to Denver. Went to A Basin today and couldn't be happier with that decision. The addition of a WJ in November really helps too
Ughhhh Im sooo Jealous!!! Denver is sick!!!!! Hopefully Il be out there in a few years. I am part of a ski share in Silverthorne so I spend quite a bit of time there. I also have a bunch of friends in Vail, Beav, Park City, Silverton, and Jackson Hole so I couch surf with them a lot too!! Trying to figure out my next journey out there as we speak... Hopefully Il do a week or two here by the end of Jan but Im still trying to work out the details.
Akrobatiks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #33
theskier74
2001 WJ 

im from RI, but spent a week out in Utah last winter. We stayed in New Park City. Brighton and Solitude were sick! I would recommend Alta but i think you are a snowboarder right? But Solitude and Brighton you cant go wrong with. amazing. anyways, back to your Jeep. As i said, im completely jealous of it, and it looks amazing. We have the exact same Jeep(if they were both stock) except for your stock rims. i just put 8K HIDS in yesterday and i love them. i was pumped to finally have lowbeams that i could see with.
theskier74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #34
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskier74 View Post
im from RI, but spent a week out in Utah last winter. We stayed in New Park City. Brighton and Solitude were sick! I would recommend Alta but i think you are a snowboarder right? But Solitude and Brighton you cant go wrong with. amazing. anyways, back to your Jeep. As i said, im completely jealous of it, and it looks amazing. We have the exact same Jeep(if they were both stock) except for your stock rims. i just put 8K HIDS in yesterday and i love them. i was pumped to finally have lowbeams that i could see with.
You got any pics of your ride? Do you ever hit up JHOLE? I love it up there!!! I actually two sets of "stock" wheels that I had on depending on which your referring to. Had these really ugly ones when I bought it(pic with my old ar230 boat), then I swapped those for the 02 laredo stock alloys(pic with the chicago skyline in back) from my moms jeep right before she sold it. Did you buy projector housings with your HID's? I just ordered new CCFL halo housings and a 6K HID kit for mine. Cant wait to get them and throw em in!! Id love to see some photos of yours!!
Unread 01-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #35
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I'm still jealous of your Jeep. It's a very well rounded Dub with lots of nice touches. It just looks stout and refined at the same time. I don't snowboard or ski, but I do like going up to Colorado as often as possible. It's usually during the summer when I can camp, hike, and wheel. Sometime we need to meet up. Though your Jeep puts mine to shame. We could always trade.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #36
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Where are you at SnowLeopard? Im in College Station.

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #37
orb
2003 WJ 

We'll if any of you guys are out in CO, hit me up. Jeep should be rocking the OME lift + some 30.5s in the next few weeks. Love snowboarding, camping, hiking, light wheeling so I doubt there would be lack of stuff to do
Unread 01-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #38
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
I'm still jealous of your Jeep. It's a very well rounded Dub with lots of nice touches. It just looks stout and refined at the same time. I don't snowboard or ski, but I do like going up to Colorado as often as possible. It's usually during the summer when I can camp, hike, and wheel. Sometime we need to meet up. Though your Jeep puts mine to shame. We could always trade.
Thanks bro!! Im really loving driving these days!! Especially when we have mad weather!!! IM totally down to plan a camp, hike, rafting, and wheeling trip over the summer!!! I have a bunch of friends that would totally be down!!
Unread 01-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #39
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

I wanna come.... I'll bring fire wood

Unread 01-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #40
WJRON351
2002 WJ 

Your Jeep looks really good, those wheels are awesome, they give a beasty look to your rig. Just a question about your rain guards, are they mounted the wrong way or not, i mean they look like they're upside down, maybe it's a choice??
WJRON351 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #41
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
We'll if any of you guys are out in CO, hit me up. Jeep should be rocking the OME lift + some 30.5s in the next few weeks. Love snowboarding, camping, hiking, light wheeling so I doubt there would be lack of stuff to do
Il be out there sometime in the next few weeks to ride!! Where are you in Denver? I
Unread 01-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #42
orb
2003 WJ 

Pretty much downtown. 25th and Clarkson. I have the epic pass so I can choose from Vail, Beav, A Basin, Keystone, and Breck. I go up just about every weekend at least for a day. Let me know whats up!
Unread 01-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #43
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitnail View Post
Where are you at SnowLeopard? Im in College Station.
I'm in the northwestern Panhandle, so a long ways from you, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Why only 30.5's with the lift? Isn't it 3"? What tires are you looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrobatiks View Post
Thanks bro!! Im really loving driving these days!! Especially when we have mad weather!!! IM totally down to plan a camp, hike, rafting, and wheeling trip over the summer!!! I have a bunch of friends that would totally be down!!
I've never been rafting before. It might be fun. I'd drive a lot more if I had your Jeep, btw. It looks like a cruisin' machine.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #44
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
I'm in the northwestern Panhandle, so a long ways from you, I'm afraid.
You might as well be on a different continent. Thats really far. :/

Unread 01-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #45
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJRON351 View Post
Your Jeep looks really good, those wheels are awesome, they give a beasty look to your rig. Just a question about your rain guards, are they mounted the wrong way or not, i mean they look like they're upside down, maybe it's a choice??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You sooo right!!!! Thats sooo hilarious I cant stop laughing!! I never even noticed that!!! I just showed a pic of it to my girl and she didnt even notice it either!!! In fact your the first person to notice it!!!! Thanks for the heads up!!! Do yo u think its probably too late to flip them around? I have had them on for about a month maybe like a week more. Anyone have any Ideas on getting them off/re-adhering them?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.