Akro's 2001 WJ Build.... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 2517 Old 01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
orb
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrobatiks View Post
LOL... Its funny you ask that. I spend a lot of time out west in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and that area to ride in the winter. When Im not all the way out west I drive a lot up to Wisconsin to get in a few sessions so needless to say I spend a lot of time in my car. I'd love to move out there soon but for now Im stuck in Chicago because of the down housing market. Take way too much of a hit if I sell my properties right now. I don't mind road trips though, they are always an adventure!!! That's why I did up the interior so its money for long drives. Its great having entertainment for people in my ride so they chill out and let me drive...

Where you at in Chicago?
Nice, that makes much more sense. I used to live in Ukrainian Village but I didn't really like living in a huge city with no outdoor activities other than soccer and bball. Quit my job and moved to Denver. Went to A Basin today and couldn't be happier with that decision. The addition of a WJ in November really helps too

orb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 2517 Old 01-03-2011, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Akrobatiks
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb View Post
Nice, that makes much more sense. I used to live in Ukrainian Village but I didn't really like living in a huge city with no outdoor activities other than soccer and bball. Quit my job and moved to Denver. Went to A Basin today and couldn't be happier with that decision. The addition of a WJ in November really helps too
Ughhhh Im sooo Jealous!!! Denver is sick!!!!! Hopefully Il be out there in a few years. I am part of a ski share in Silverthorne so I spend quite a bit of time there. I also have a bunch of friends in Vail, Beav, Park City, Silverton, and Jackson Hole so I couch surf with them a lot too!! Trying to figure out my next journey out there as we speak... Hopefully Il do a week or two here by the end of Jan but Im still trying to work out the details.
Akrobatiks is offline  
post #33 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 AM
theskier74
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Little Compton
Posts: 1,062
im from RI, but spent a week out in Utah last winter. We stayed in New Park City. Brighton and Solitude were sick! I would recommend Alta but i think you are a snowboarder right? But Solitude and Brighton you cant go wrong with. amazing. anyways, back to your Jeep. As i said, im completely jealous of it, and it looks amazing. We have the exact same Jeep(if they were both stock) except for your stock rims. i just put 8K HIDS in yesterday and i love them. i was pumped to finally have lowbeams that i could see with.

My Jeep uses the gas your hybrid saves.
Anything your car can do, our Jeeps can do better.
200k+
theskier74 is offline  
post #34 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Akrobatiks
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by theskier74 View Post
im from RI, but spent a week out in Utah last winter. We stayed in New Park City. Brighton and Solitude were sick! I would recommend Alta but i think you are a snowboarder right? But Solitude and Brighton you cant go wrong with. amazing. anyways, back to your Jeep. As i said, im completely jealous of it, and it looks amazing. We have the exact same Jeep(if they were both stock) except for your stock rims. i just put 8K HIDS in yesterday and i love them. i was pumped to finally have lowbeams that i could see with.
You got any pics of your ride? Do you ever hit up JHOLE? I love it up there!!! I actually two sets of "stock" wheels that I had on depending on which your referring to. Had these really ugly ones when I bought it(pic with my old ar230 boat), then I swapped those for the 02 laredo stock alloys(pic with the chicago skyline in back) from my moms jeep right before she sold it. Did you buy projector housings with your HID's? I just ordered new CCFL halo housings and a 6K HID kit for mine. Cant wait to get them and throw em in!! Id love to see some photos of yours!!
Akrobatiks is offline  
post #35 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 01:06 PM
SnowLeopard
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Woodland Park
Posts: 4,726
I'm still jealous of your Jeep. It's a very well rounded Dub with lots of nice touches. It just looks stout and refined at the same time. I don't snowboard or ski, but I do like going up to Colorado as often as possible. It's usually during the summer when I can camp, hike, and wheel. Sometime we need to meet up. Though your Jeep puts mine to shame. We could always trade.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline  
post #36 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 01:10 PM
SplitNail
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 4,011
Where are you at SnowLeopard? Im in College Station.

1999 WJ 4.7L V8, 242 TC, Front Aussie Locker, 4 Inch RC X-Series lift, 17x8 w/ 4.5BS Black Rock Vipers, 285/70/R17 BFG KM2's, All AMSOIL Synthetic Fluids


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SplitNail is offline  
post #37 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 01:12 PM
orb
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 259
We'll if any of you guys are out in CO, hit me up. Jeep should be rocking the OME lift + some 30.5s in the next few weeks. Love snowboarding, camping, hiking, light wheeling so I doubt there would be lack of stuff to do
orb is offline  
post #38 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Akrobatiks
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
I'm still jealous of your Jeep. It's a very well rounded Dub with lots of nice touches. It just looks stout and refined at the same time. I don't snowboard or ski, but I do like going up to Colorado as often as possible. It's usually during the summer when I can camp, hike, and wheel. Sometime we need to meet up. Though your Jeep puts mine to shame. We could always trade.
Thanks bro!! Im really loving driving these days!! Especially when we have mad weather!!! IM totally down to plan a camp, hike, rafting, and wheeling trip over the summer!!! I have a bunch of friends that would totally be down!!
Akrobatiks is offline  
post #39 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 01:44 PM
SplitNail
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 4,011
I wanna come.... I'll bring fire wood

1999 WJ 4.7L V8, 242 TC, Front Aussie Locker, 4 Inch RC X-Series lift, 17x8 w/ 4.5BS Black Rock Vipers, 285/70/R17 BFG KM2's, All AMSOIL Synthetic Fluids


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SplitNail is offline  
post #40 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 01:49 PM
WJRON351
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 288
Your Jeep looks really good, those wheels are awesome, they give a beasty look to your rig. Just a question about your rain guards, are they mounted the wrong way or not, i mean they look like they're upside down, maybe it's a choice??

6.5" IRO/custom recessed Warn winch bumper/ Warn 4x lights/ 42" curved led bar/33" CooperSTT
WJRON351 is offline  
post #41 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Akrobatiks
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb View Post
We'll if any of you guys are out in CO, hit me up. Jeep should be rocking the OME lift + some 30.5s in the next few weeks. Love snowboarding, camping, hiking, light wheeling so I doubt there would be lack of stuff to do
Il be out there sometime in the next few weeks to ride!! Where are you in Denver? I
Akrobatiks is offline  
post #42 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 02:07 PM
orb
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 259
Pretty much downtown. 25th and Clarkson. I have the epic pass so I can choose from Vail, Beav, A Basin, Keystone, and Breck. I go up just about every weekend at least for a day. Let me know whats up!
orb is offline  
post #43 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 02:12 PM
SnowLeopard
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Woodland Park
Posts: 4,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitnail View Post
Where are you at SnowLeopard? Im in College Station.
I'm in the northwestern Panhandle, so a long ways from you, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb View Post
We'll if any of you guys are out in CO, hit me up. Jeep should be rocking the OME lift + some 30.5s in the next few weeks. Love snowboarding, camping, hiking, light wheeling so I doubt there would be lack of stuff to do
Why only 30.5's with the lift? Isn't it 3"? What tires are you looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrobatiks View Post
Thanks bro!! Im really loving driving these days!! Especially when we have mad weather!!! IM totally down to plan a camp, hike, rafting, and wheeling trip over the summer!!! I have a bunch of friends that would totally be down!!
I've never been rafting before. It might be fun. I'd drive a lot more if I had your Jeep, btw. It looks like a cruisin' machine.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline  
post #44 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
SplitNail
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 4,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
I'm in the northwestern Panhandle, so a long ways from you, I'm afraid.
You might as well be on a different continent. Thats really far. :/

1999 WJ 4.7L V8, 242 TC, Front Aussie Locker, 4 Inch RC X-Series lift, 17x8 w/ 4.5BS Black Rock Vipers, 285/70/R17 BFG KM2's, All AMSOIL Synthetic Fluids


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SplitNail is offline  
post #45 of 2517 Old 01-05-2011, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Akrobatiks
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJRON351 View Post
Your Jeep looks really good, those wheels are awesome, they give a beasty look to your rig. Just a question about your rain guards, are they mounted the wrong way or not, i mean they look like they're upside down, maybe it's a choice??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You sooo right!!!! Thats sooo hilarious I cant stop laughing!! I never even noticed that!!! I just showed a pic of it to my girl and she didnt even notice it either!!! In fact your the first person to notice it!!!! Thanks for the heads up!!! Do yo u think its probably too late to flip them around? I have had them on for about a month maybe like a week more. Anyone have any Ideas on getting them off/re-adhering them?
Akrobatiks is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
2001 4.0 cuts off gshep WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 1 07-16-2011 02:29 PM
Help Purchasing a 2001 WJ? mustydakota WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 2 09-24-2010 09:32 AM
2001 WJ with a 4.0 blaster802 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 3 05-09-2010 01:12 AM
Stalling 2001 WJ 4.7 Rhinoguy WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-10-2010 10:18 PM
2001-to Buy Or Not KOPY KAT WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 2 02-12-2004 09:37 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome