AEagle's Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > AEagle's Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 02-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #61
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

ok thank you maybe ill eliminate that hose and to start and clean up my engine bay

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #62
DothanJeep
1997 ZJ 

........eagles suck.
01'WJ Project Cheap fix.
DothanJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #63
AEagle326
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike300 View Post
ok thank you maybe ill eliminate that hose and to start and clean up my engine bay
you could put a breather filter on it. that'll look pretty cool. i wouldnt recommend completly getting rid of it, you really need to have filtered air going into their, whether it be after the filter on a intake tube or thru another filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
You can never go wrong with an Orvis.
AEagle326 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #64
AEagle326
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DothanJeep View Post
........eagles suck.

10char

Quote:
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #65
grandcj

I had a 95 GC with a 3in skyjacker,swapped out the skyjacker nitros for a set of old man emu's. if i had to do it over i would have done the OME coils along with it. it also had a K&N fipk system,Borla cat back(it was awesome). It also had a Random technologies cat. it had 198k when i sold it and ran like a beast.I sometimes wish i still had it. make some good performance choices over the cosmetic ones, because once you start wheeling it. The cosmetic stuff becomes a waste of money.
grandcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #66
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEagle326 View Post
you could put a breather filter on it. that'll look pretty cool. i wouldnt recommend completly getting rid of it, you really need to have filtered air going into their, whether it be after the filter on a intake tube or thru another filter.
Thats what i meant, stick breather filter on the little metal filter deal

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #67
AEagle326
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandcj View Post
I had a 95 GC with a 3in skyjacker,swapped out the skyjacker nitros for a set of old man emu's. if i had to do it over i would have done the OME coils along with it. it also had a K&N fipk system,Borla cat back(it was awesome). It also had a Random technologies cat. it had 198k when i sold it and ran like a beast.I sometimes wish i still had it. make some good performance choices over the cosmetic ones, because once you start wheeling it. The cosmetic stuff becomes a waste of money.
my dad hates it when i go wheeling. i honestly hate it too. jeep looks way too good all cleaned up, plus im in no position to be risking breaking any parts.

how did you like that borla exhaust?

Quote:
Unread 02-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #68
grandcj

I loved it! it gave a nice moderate tone. and a great seat of the pants improvement. Stick with a 2.5 in exhaust the 3" is to big i think you won't get enough back pressure. Get yourself a nice set of rims. it will really improve the look of any vehicle with the right selection. I like your orvis edition. If you live in an area that doesn't see alot of snow. look into switching out your awd 249 t-case for a shiftable 231 or perferably the 242. being able to put it into 2wd will save you alot of gas. i gained 2-3mpg by switching from the 249 to the 242. Good luck!
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #69
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

3" exhaust is not too big. Maybe with a random technologies cat...but really they only flow about 200 more cfm than a high flow magnaflow cat. I saw a nice decent improvement on my 3" exhaust on my old ZJ, it sounded AMAZING, and i increased 2mpg after all the stuff I did to it. Not saying that mpg gains are a goal with jeeps....but just stating results I saw after everything my ZJ went through.
1996 ZJ Laredo, 5.2L V8, 3" Kolak exhaust, K&N FIPK, 4300K HID's, Sold

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...27&ref=profile
Haleyrz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:43 AM   #70
Greengc4x4
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandcj View Post
being able to put it into 2wd will save you alot of gas. i gained 2-3mpg by switching from the 249 to the 242. Good luck!
That is impossible.
Greengc4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 06:49 AM   #71
AEagle326
1995 ZJ 

Yeah I really want to get an exhaust like asap. I love johns (blackzj) exhaust so much. If I get a few extra mpg then that's great but if not oh well. I'm really looking for a head turning, loudass exhaust. As well as scoring some ponies with it.

And I have thought about the tc swap. It snows maybe once a year in GA so I don't need full time 4wd
Unread 02-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #72
PTCHBLKZJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you want a loud exhaust do what i did lol I have a magnaflow single in dual out and two turn down before the rearend people hear me coming form at least two blocks away its a little ridiculous but its funny as hell when people rev on me such as a mustang and have no idea what they got there selves in to hahahaha
PTCHBLKZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #73
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

Looks good man, I just did the kolak 3" exhaust. I like it so far. If you do get a new exhaust system, have a professional do it right... don't mess around with some a*s that doesn't know what he/she is doing.

98 ZJ 5.2L JGC Limited Sold
02 4.7L HO JGC Overland
ZJPunk98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #74
AEagle326
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRm318 View Post
If you want a loud exhaust do what i did lol I have a magnaflow single in dual out and two turn down before the rearend people hear me coming form at least two blocks away its a little ridiculous but its funny as hell when people rev on me such as a mustang and have no idea what they got there selves in to hahahaha
you're a genius

Quote:
Unread 02-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #75
grandcj

Maybe the MPG gains was because all of the upgrades also.All i know is i went from ~13.5-14mpg to 15.5-17mpg avg. that depended on how long my highway drives were.hey i'm going to be selling a MBRP 3" muffler. I just bought it(used) 2 weeks ago. i have a 7week old son and it's to loud on my grand. I'm getting a different 3" from MBRP. it could be made to fit most v8's. the whole exhaust is set up for a 4.7/5.7 wk grand. I'm sure it would work on your 5.2 if you went to a 3". I paid $300 for the kit, looking to get $175 for the muffler. The whole kit is $550 new. it's made with 409 stainless.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.