About to begin my first build... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-27-2016, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
1999 WJ 
About to begin my first build...

And I have ordered the following:
-2.5" Supreme Suspension BB ($99, Amazon)
-Addco Rear HD Sway Bar, includes bushings for current links ($150, IRO)
-Tenneco HD SS ($40, IRO)
-245/75R16 BFG KM2's ($480, Craigslist)

I am contemplating adding:
-new Moog coil spring isolators ($90, Rockauto)
-JK Rubicon take off shocks ($100,eBay)

spme quick points:
-currently my DD, want to go much bigger in future. Don't mind having to ditch BB for springs later, that's why I just said screw it and got a boost instead.
- me and my old man replaced rear shocks 6 months ago, don't want to buy Bilsteins that won't fit in the future so that's why I thought the JK take offs weren't a bad idea.
- not looking for more lift out of isolators, jeep has 200K and I'm 99% sure they have never been replaced. Don't want to take out springs while installing BB and wish I would have bought them.
-listed prices to possibly help others browsing around the forum price their own lift/upgrades.

Any thoughts, warnings, advice would be appreciated! Can't wait to start a build thread once all the goods arrive...and I get a weekend off work...(weekend bartender to pay for things like this)

Thanks y'all

1999 WJ 4.7
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 04-28-2016, 08:11 AM
1999 WJ 
I went through a similar phase/idea as you. I bought the JK take offs and BB but I later changed my mind and saved up for the 2" lift kit and parts from kolak. Im glad I did, well worth it. If you want JK take offs, I have the springs and shocks still. I'll sell them to you cheap, just pm me.

1999 Grand Cherokee 4.0L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.