.:95 ZJ Build: NightCrawler:. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > .:95 ZJ Build: NightCrawler:.

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-12-2010, 05:59 AM   #16
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

IRO has a Hack n tap sye for the 242, I just installed one in my jeep. $159, ofcourse you would need a new driveshaft if you did that.

95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #17
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

I found a guy with 2 249s, a 231, and some skid plates. Im waiting for him to get back to me again. He told me 150 originally for the skids and tcase. My dad found a set of MTs with a little over half tread. Waiting to hear back from him.

Progress has been slow. (as in nothing) due to cold weather. But today the sun is shining bright!

Ive been tossing around the idea for a while before i got my ZJ of doing up the interior with colors similar to the Sahara package. Im thinking of getting some paint and whatnot to do this while im waiting for my tcase swap. Let me know what you guys think.

Original Interior

Sahara Style

Not sure how i feel about it now that i see the mockup. What do you guys think?
QuadraBeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
97DCZJ
1997 ZJ 

uhm...what's different.
(Sold) 1997 Grand Cherokee Limited: V8 5.2L, 2" BB, 31" Dick Cepeks.
(Sold) 1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo: Build Thread; V8 4.7L, Stock.
(Sold) 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo: Build Thread; V8 5.2L ,3.5" lift, 32" Tires
97DCZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #19
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

You dont see the Tan/Spice and Green? lol Hmm...
Unread 03-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #20
BlackbeastZJ
1995 ZJ 

I see it, just hard to tell from that picture.

[SIZE="1"][B]1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, blacked out
4.0 I6, NP249, D30-D35 with 3.73 gears
LED Interior and gauge lights, Silverstar Ultra's
Tinted tails, Baja fogs, Bedlined bumpers, removed cladding
Iron Rock Offroad 3.5" lift, 15x8 Cragar D Windows, 32" BFG A/T's
Curt trailer hitch, Cobra CB with 4ft RS antenna[/B][/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/black-beast-95-zj-build-922921/"][B][SIZE="3"][B]My build Thread[/B][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

[SIZE="2"]Black Jeep Society
Christian Jeep Owners #37[/SIZE][/CENTER]
BlackbeastZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #21
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

Must be high vibrance on the home PC monitor. Im on my laptop now at work and i can barely tell. Sorry bout that.

The idiot that i contacted about the tcase isnt getting back to me

Too bad i couldnt find a cheap flip kit... Or fab one up? I found a d300 for 100bucks. If i could find a cheap flip kit then order the twin stick setup out of my next check id be in business Forgive my rambling, we all like to dream right?

The guy with the tcase's post says "i buy ZJ's as well" Must do a lot of work with them. He was sellign a ton of parts for them but i found the ad too late. Lol. Some places supposedly called Limitless Offroad. All i found when serching it was a half dead forum.

Going to try to get the scanner installed tonight, get the dash back together, and get the wiring out of the way. Ill sort it out some other day...

Last edited by QuadraBeast; 03-17-2010 at 02:11 PM..
Unread 03-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #22
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

Did a few things to he HEEP today. Gotta finish up tomorrow, and do a few more things. Heres a teaser-

Okay, Okay. One more

Unread 03-19-2010, 07:02 AM   #23
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

Looks like a mesh grill
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #24
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

Okay! Im done.

For today

Heres what i've accomplished in the last few days. Let me know what you think!

Replaced the ugly grill slats with mesh-

Grill Off-

Definately the easiest way of getting the slats out, just twist and pull-

Size comparison-

Slats Out

Shapes Cut From Mesh-

Sanded Grill down and hit it with some Rustoleum Hammered Black, no pics of it painted.

Mesh Fitted-

No pics of the fastening process. I was originally going to use the 2in1 Gel Quick set 6 min. Epoxy, but when i opened it up, the hardener was hardened in the tube. So i took it back to ace, they opened two more there, and they were all hardened. So i ended up using JB Weld. It was a little messy, but i ust took it in my room and let it cure overnight, Then installed it before school.

Voila! Mesh Grill!

Also, since my antenna doesnt work, and im going to end up replacing it anyway with the short euro style one, I hit it with some Hammered as well.

Unread 03-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #25
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

Not done yet!

I decided to overhaul the ugly pitting bling bling limited wheels.I sprayed them with water and washed them all out with a cloth.Then, I sanded them lightly, they dont have to be perfect, they're going to be replaced eventually as well. I taped off the tire and hit them with about 3 coats of Rustoleum Light Gray Primer. After that, i shot the Hammered Black on with a nifty little plastic handle that grips on top the spray can. It was two bucks, and its fun to use if you like using a spray gun. Its very controllable as well. Thats my anyway.

After the Hammered, i gave them all a light coat of clear coat, then 3 heavy coats of it.

Im pleased with how the came out. I was going to do they straight black, but i wanted something different.

Photo time

Kept the "centercaps" original, and the lugnuts silver, and hit them all with clearcoat.

Woo! No more bling bling! Except for those old pinstripes and emblems... They may be next.

Okay, one more surprise.

I trimmed the bumper! Im glad i did it, it makes it look more like a Jeep.

I was originally going to use my sawzall, but didnt want to risk cutting into the evap can or something else important. So my buddy chris let me borrow his dremel. I still have to touch up the rusted wear spot on the front bumper.

Afterward, i sprayed the ugly gray caps and step mat on the rear bumper.

When i Finished-

All in all, im happy with how everything came out. Man i love my ZJ
Unread 03-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #26
BlackbeastZJ
1995 ZJ 

You're catching up to me with all the budget mods lol...Looks real good though! The wheels look 100% better in black, I'm gonna do that next on mine

[SIZE="1"][B]1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, blacked out
4.0 I6, NP249, D30-D35 with 3.73 gears
LED Interior and gauge lights, Silverstar Ultra's
Tinted tails, Baja fogs, Bedlined bumpers, removed cladding
Iron Rock Offroad 3.5" lift, 15x8 Cragar D Windows, 32" BFG A/T's
Curt trailer hitch, Cobra CB with 4ft RS antenna[/B][/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/black-beast-95-zj-build-922921/"][B][SIZE="3"][B]My build Thread[/B][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

[SIZE="2"]Black Jeep Society
Christian Jeep Owners #37[/SIZE][/CENTER]
BlackbeastZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #27
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

Its commin along

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #28
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

Haha Thanks sam. Im getting there. Tomorrow i think im going to spray my roof rack, the window trim(maybe) the rear window vents, and maybe the stripe on the cladding. Im thinking it'll accent the grill more. I may spray the mirrors as well depending how i feel about it.

Thanks for the comments spike, yours is coming along nicely as well!
Unread 03-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #29
PTCHBLKZJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Have you decided to keep the ghetto gold ? i flat blacked all my badges and it turned out really well
PTCHBLKZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #30
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

Not sure yet. im painting the door handles at the moment. I may replace the badges with silver ones. Im going to spray the roof rack next, i did my wiper arms already.

What do you guys think about doing the mirrors the same color ans the door handles, grill, wheels, and roof rack?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.