95 Grand Cherokee Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 95 Grand Cherokee Question

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 09-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
SaltLife10
1995 FSJ Cherokee 

95 Grand Cherokee Question

I have a 95 Grand Cherokee that about a month ago started having issues. I was driving and out of nowhere the Jeep started to having what we thought was misfiring when i accelerated which then turned to it causing the Jeep to stall out at red lights. We checked everything trying to figure out the problem and changed out the O2 sensor and cleaned the injectors and checked the spark plugs amongst flushing the fuel lines and pretty munch everything we could think of. Nothing has worked. The Jeep runs fine until the temp hits running temp of about 180 degrees. My Buddy who is my mechanic was helping me but he has since recently left for the Army. His last thought was possibly the OEM Temp Censor. I was wondering if anyone knew or has had the same issue? Would changing this fix this problem? Is it easy to replace? Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks!

SaltLife10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
NapsterZJ
1995 ZJ 

sounds like your crankshaft position sensor. I've been having that problem with my zj and I'm replacing mine this weekend. Hope it fixes my stalling as well.

DD - Stock 99 WJ 4.7 QD with flo 40
NapsterZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
MJKR
1995 ZJ 

Check your coil also , I had the same issue on my 94 4.0 . I checked fuel pressures when it died it was all ok. ending up changing the coil. It had no spark when it would die.
MJKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
justinjeepjeep
1995 XJ Cherokee 

check the screws on the pcm on the passenger side fire wall they are to long just back them out and see if that works
justinjeepjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.