95 Grand Cherokee Laredo Neutral Safety Switch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 95 Grand Cherokee Laredo Neutral Safety Switch

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 05-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
Megalor84
1995 XJ Cherokee 

95 Grand Cherokee Laredo Neutral Safety Switch

Recently my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo has been having difficulty going into park. I can still start it in neutral and my reverse lights still come on, so after researching I found the problem could be my Neutral Safety Switch. While also researching i have seen many locations to where it is but none are shown for around my year of jeep or model (most i have found are for the 4.0). So if someone could tell where to find my NSS on my jeep, or if you have pictures that would be great! I am a do-it yourself-er and I would like to save some money and try to clean, or replace it myself so any information pertaining to my Jeep would be greatly appreciated.

Megalor84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
NapsterZJ
1995 ZJ 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I did my swap, the NSS is located on driver side of the transmission and is a three prong connector. It's close to the shift linkage if you have 4x4. You're going to lose some fluid, I believe, when you swap it out. Jack up the car on the driver side so you won't lose as much fluid, then top it off when you're done.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...36933585075310
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?<br...13693357159079

DD - Stock 99 WJ 4.7 QD with flo 40
NapsterZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.