94 ZJ build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 94 ZJ build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
psyho69
1994 ZJ 

94 ZJ build

Ive owned this zj for about 8 years and got it for 3500. Its been the best vehicle ive ever owned!!! But sorry to say ive neglected it alot. When i bought it i had to put a new fuel pump and the boots on the front axles were torn so i replaced those also. After around a year the viscous(no clue how its spelled) coupling went bad so i had the guys next door to the machine shop i worked at put in the 2h transfer case(lol traded a wore out forklift 4 all the parts and labor that my boss gave me). I think the name of the shop was mig offroad in lexington ky, if any1 knows where any of these guys went would love a pm so i could contact them to go wheeling soon. Anyways other then that this jeep has basicly had nothing but fluids changed for around the 35,000 miles ive put on it.

ok so heres the first pics of my wore out rig

I was a machinest for 13 years and all tho i dont do it anymore i still have my knowledge that i think will come in very handy for this build. I just ordered the zone 4inch kit and i will be getting it tuesday and prob installing the following weekend. I will have to run the stock tires 4 a couple of weeks but not long.

ZJ 4" Performance System

Will prob go with these wheels for the price so if any1 knows where i can get for cheaper please let me know.
Cragar 3975812 - Cragar Soft 8 Wheels - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I have a friend that works at the S&S Tire Corp office that is checking on the price for the goodyear kevlar tires but not sure i can afford it evan with her price.

Amazon.com: 33x12.50R15LT Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar Tires (Quantity: 1): Automotive

Going with 33\12.5r15 so if any1 knows a good cheap tire made by any of the following company's i can get the discount please let me know!!!
bridgestone\firestone\goodyear\dunlop\dayton\yokoh ama\fusion\general tire\michelin\ and mastercraft

Im VERY new to this so please feel free to chime in with any pointers or parts that you know i will need.

This is a list of the things i know i will need or that i plan on doing
Front break lines-longer
Swaybar quick disconects
Adj upper control arms.
Trimming for clearance
build custom bumpers/sliders
reinforce unibody
HD tire rods/balljoint(no clue where to look for these but want to keep the stock Y design just beef it up)

Im sure this list will get longer. This will be a DD so nothing to radical 4 now.

1 thing i need to know plz, with the tires im getting i know that clearance will be an issue and i heard a few people mention 1" pucks??? not sure what these are but if i can use for less trimming please supply a link

BTW thx for any help in advance and good to see a place with a vast amount of knowledge that are willing to share it and for the people that want to give me a hard time about my spelling STOP reading this thread now becouse it can only get worse

psyho69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.