93 Grand Cherokee - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 93 Grand Cherokee

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #16
Midwesteeze
1993 ZJ 

last night I had to make a trip to the store for some TP and randomly stopped and looked at the magazine rack..ended up buying 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility mag. When I got home I went straight in to put both the mag and the TP to use. I had already planned on going with the 9000lb Badland Winch from Harbor Freight, but I was flipping through and found a coupon page for HF. The winch was on sale with the coupon reg $399.99 for $297.99 also a few others for a 1Ton engine hoist for $99 and a free 6 pack of screwdrivers with any purchase...

not too many pics, but here are a few.

The mag and the free basic screwdriver kit

Big ol box

Mounted. I need to make the lead roller mounting plate tonight on my break at work then she'll be all complete.
I'll also relocate the wires abit

they also have a pretty good extended warranty on the winch
normally comes with a 90 day, but for $30 you can get a year or $50 for two years
covers everything. I went with the 1 year since I tend to roll through vehicles pretty often

I did a decent amount of asking around and research before I bought this and everyone said it was a pretty good buy for the money and warranty.
One of the big issues is that it's not waterproof, so I'm either going to search around for a winch cover or make one out of the old Miata top a friend gave me for a different project.

Midwesteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #17
Midwesteeze
1993 ZJ 

so I've been looking into different gears, I'm leaning towards some 4.56's. Anyone have some input on mpgs/power/ect and best brand.
I also need to replace the rear pass axle seal

since were seeing weather in the 60s here in Iowa I plan on fabing up my rear bumper
I'm going to be building something like this ProtoFab rear since it's the only one I found that I like and it looks pretty straight forward.
I won't have the spare tire mount though

Unread 04-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

I have the 4.0 too with 4.56 and it seems perfect to me. MPGs are about the same as 31s and 3.73 actually.
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #19
Midwesteeze
1993 ZJ 

Sunday Funday of wheelin

and a quick video filmed with a potato
Unread 04-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #20
dru_b
2008 JK Wrangler 

IIRC, you bought the media blaster from harbor freight not long ago, using the walnut shells for media? how well does this setup work? looking to blast my front axle housing thats pretty rusty from 13 years of our lovely midwestern road treatments.
[size=3][color=silver]'08 JKUR - bright silver metallic[/color][/size] - auto - 2.5" TF spring : 33" duratracs : TF hd front trac bar : synergy tie rod bar, drag link & rear trac bar : superwinch : [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/08-jku-rubi-1713162/][color=orange]dru_bcon "build" thread[/color][/url]
[size=2][color=white]'99 WJ limited, 4.7L v8[/size] - stone white clearcoat[/color] - a revival in progress - [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99wj-projekt-phoenix-1494105/][color=orange]projekt phoenix build[/color][/url]
[color=silver]'00 VW golf GTI, 1.8t - satin silver metallic[/color] - "silver arrow" - tastefully modded for quick & nimble
[color=blue]'12[url=http://surlybikes.com/bikes/pugsley/][color=blue] surly pugsley[/color][/url] - real blew w/[color=red]red accents[/color][/color] - 1x10 shimano slx, avid BB7 (red cables), marge lite wheels/red rimstrip, red oury grips & pedals
dru_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #21
Midwesteeze
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru_b View Post
IIRC, you bought the media blaster from harbor freight not long ago, using the walnut shells for media? how well does this setup work? looking to blast my front axle housing thats pretty rusty from 13 years of our lovely midwestern road treatments.
nope, that was Dan (TiMAN) he used it to clean the carbon build up off his valves.
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #22
dru_b
2008 JK Wrangler 

k.. thx.
[size=3][color=silver]'08 JKUR - bright silver metallic[/color][/size] - auto - 2.5" TF spring : 33" duratracs : TF hd front trac bar : synergy tie rod bar, drag link & rear trac bar : superwinch : [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/08-jku-rubi-1713162/][color=orange]dru_bcon "build" thread[/color][/url]
[size=2][color=white]'99 WJ limited, 4.7L v8[/size] - stone white clearcoat[/color] - a revival in progress - [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99wj-projekt-phoenix-1494105/][color=orange]projekt phoenix build[/color][/url]
[color=silver]'00 VW golf GTI, 1.8t - satin silver metallic[/color] - "silver arrow" - tastefully modded for quick & nimble
[color=blue]'12[url=http://surlybikes.com/bikes/pugsley/][color=blue] surly pugsley[/color][/url] - real blew w/[color=red]red accents[/color][/color] - 1x10 shimano slx, avid BB7 (red cables), marge lite wheels/red rimstrip, red oury grips & pedals
dru_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #23
Midwesteeze
1993 ZJ 

well it's been awhile...not much has changed except for fixing things I broke.
went out wheelin with some friends and ended up flexing the front coil spring out of the mount. Not really a big deal at the time until I was at work the following week and came around the corner and heard a loud bang and boom no steering..the extreme flex musta took it's toll on the steering box

here are some really bad photos since it was so dark
all three bolts that run through the frame and mount the steering box sheared off and also broke one of the mounting ears off the gear box

called AAA for a lift home

that was a few weeks ago and I never got around to fixing it until this past week since I have the ****box Jetta.

I will say that this was the worst thing that I've ever had to fix..mainly because I did it in my driveway with no air tools and I thought a rusty pitman arm nut was going to be the death of me.
After almost two days of PB blaster, lots of heat from a butane torch and one electric impact purchase I finally got the nut off

then while I was removing the drag link from the other end of the pitman arm, it fell off and landed threads down so I had to buy a new end link since the threads were so fubar'd

so then finally the box came out

heres a close up of the broken box and bolts

new box installed

I was finally excited to get back on the road and out of the Jetta for awhile and then bang more problems
pulled up at the gym after work and shut it off only to have the radiator explode and blow coolant all over the place.

I'm assuming having the bottom portion of the radiator covered in mud didn't help and it looked pretty old.
it put about a 5 inch crack down the side of the end cap area

after pulling out the old rad I noticed that the serp belt was about toast too so I through one of those on too

about finished

seems to be running better than ever now
Unread 06-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #24
Midwesteeze
1993 ZJ 

I'll probably end up making my own version of the KOR Steering box brace since it seems pretty easy and I could make my own for less then the $200 that they charge

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.