801DubJay Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 801DubJay Build Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #61
MissKays01WJ
2001 WJ 

You should be able to get darker or "pre-tinted" ones and be fine.. Or you could just get the smoked LED ones. Those would be pretty sick. Hahaha but seriously that sucks! Did they ever give you a full blown explaination on why they kept pulling you over for them?

MissKays01WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #62
801DubJay
2000 WJ 

Yeah, I was looking at the smoked LED's, but they have too much chrome inside the housing for my taste. So I'm thinking of buying something w/ LED's and a black housing then running a light coat of tint over it.

Every time I've been pulled over the po-lees tell me that they can barely see the right brake light... which makes sense because the lens is cracked and the reflective housing is corroded and not very reflective. I'm almost betting that if I bought a new right rear & coated it just not too dark, I could get away with it. They are soooo dark! But LED's do look cool... we'll see. My money is kinda tied up between college and getting ready for GSW 2011
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #63
801DubJay
2000 WJ 

I'm thinking of taking these and tinting them with a couple of light coats but leaving the reverse light portion un-tinted...

I would love to go with these, but the solid chrome housing kills it for me... if only they were all black...
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #64
MissKays01WJ
2001 WJ 

I'm sure if you got a new right one and coated it the same you wouldn't get harrassed. Mine are straight up black and I did my dads a little lighter so far we've been lucky. But well see. Haha
Yeah the LED ones have more chrome then I want to that's why I just kept mine and tinted them. Random thought, ever thought about getting new lenses then just getting the black lense cover thing. I don't know how they look it was just a thought. It would suck if you had to go back to reds... Cause yours look so good! I wish mine would have stayed glossy.. Oh well they kinda match everything else on my rig.
GSW2011!!!! Woot Woot! Hopefully I'll have everything I need done by then.. And save enough to actually go!
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #65
MissKays01WJ
2001 WJ 

Yeah those are the ones I was looking at. I just CAN'T do the chrome! I've always hated how it looks. But then again I would have just tinted them hella dark so it kinda defeats the purposes but it would be cool to have the LEDs. Hahaha
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #66
801DubJay
2000 WJ 

New right rear w/ a light coat or 5, FTW!! Hahaha

So you're planning on coming to GSW 2011? Sweet! I've been wanting to go for the past couple of years and it just never worked out... but not 2011; I am there! Plus most of our Dub Club is coming down, so it should be a blast!!
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #67
skullysXJ
2001 WJ 

Matt I'm sure if they both let through the same amount of light they wouldn't say a word. But when one is twice as bright they tend to be more noticeably tinted
~KADE~ kool kid klub #1
08 JKU Rubicon
skullysXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #68
MissKays01WJ
2001 WJ 

Go big or go home! Haha I wasn't planning on doing mine so dark but I just couldnt stand seeing any of the red! Hahaha!!

If I have enough time off or work and money to go down I'll be there! But so much unexpected crap has come up it's been eating away at the GSW fund but I'm bound and determined to make it there! If I hav to beg, borrow, or steal!! Hopefully the boy will come with and maybe split the cost but who knows.
If I can go I'm gonna try ad caravan down with moony and jfox cause I've got no idea where I'm going! Haha
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #69
801DubJay
2000 WJ 

Dude for sure... I remember you and Cole told me you could barely see it even when you were driving behind me up AF canyon. I must say though, of all the possible hang ups to have owning a Jeep, I'm soooo glad it's just a simple tail light fix, hahaha
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #70
801DubJay
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKays01WJ View Post
Go big or go home! Haha I wasn't planning on doing mine so dark but I just couldnt stand seeing any of the red! Hahaha!!

If I have enough time off or work and money to go down I'll be there! But so much unexpected crap has come up it's been eating away at the GSW fund but I'm bound and determined to make it there! If I hav to beg, borrow, or steal!! Hopefully the boy will come with and maybe split the cost but who knows.
If I can go I'm gonna try ad caravan down with moony and jfox cause I've got no idea where I'm going! Haha
Right the eff on! I'll knock over Santa's Little Begger at the wal-mart ringing the bell for money if I have to, hahaha. Okay, probably not.. but that would be cool to meet all of you!
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #71
MissKays01WJ
2001 WJ 

Ya know I thought about doing that... Hahahaha everyone has been asking what I want for Christmas. All I say is check made out to me so I can go to Moab! I really wanna go cause I'd actualy like to meet the faces behind these BA rigs!!! And get ideas on what to do next to mine!
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #72
801DubJay
2000 WJ 

Haha, no doubt! Tell the BF to pick up a second job to pay for it if ya have to, haha
I went to Moab for the first time this year with a good buddy,TuffJeeper, and it was just awesome! A grip of the Utah Jeep Crew is going down Thanksgiving weekend, so I hope to get my sliders on. Either way, with or without Katie, I am going down there
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #73
MissKays01WJ
2001 WJ 

God I wish the bf would just finish school so he could get a job.. His school sch. Makes it really hard to get a freaking job plus he enjoys not having one. He figures since he was in the Marines for the last 4 years he worked enough! HA! that's what he thinks! Hahaha

GSW will be my first ever Moab trip.. It's not so easy for me to go a lot being as I live in Oregon. Hahaha but that's ok we've got some good wheeling up here too!!

But I'm SO EXCITED TO GO!!!!!!!
Unread 11-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #74
801DubJay
2000 WJ 

Figured my build thread could use some pics to spruce it up a bit

And the doosher behind the wheel...
Unread 11-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #75
801DubJay
2000 WJ 

I have to admit, when it comes to oil changes I don't skimp. My vehicles have always been well maintained and I RACK the miles on them. My RX-7 had 188k before I blew an apex seal racing. I sold my Altima at 219k and it ran flawlessly. Katie is no exception... she has +186k & is rock solid, as far as I can tell

At every oil change, I start by adding 2/3 of a bottle of Seafoam to the crank case. I drive about 50 miles, mostly highway to keep oil pressure high, allowing the Seafoam enough time to work its magic.

After the drive, it's time for the actual oil change! I use 5qts of Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic 5w-30 + 1qt of Lucas Pure Synthetic Oil Stabilizer. To keep it all clean I use a Mobil 1 M-204 filter.

I change my oil roughly every 5000 miles; sooner if I'm doing consistant wheeling. Changing the Oil is also a good time to address the air filter. So at every oil change, I clean the filter

I use a Spectre Filter & clean and oil it w/ a K&N air filter cleaning kit.

What I save in replacing the air filter I more than make up for in oil changes, haha. At $8/qt Mobil 1, $16/qt Lucas, $10 can of Seafoam & $12 Mobil 1 Oil Filter, things can get pricey!Thank goodness for the Autozone Rewards card!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.