Upon lifting Katie, I ran into a little snag: Front drive shaft problems.
The Front DS on early model dubs uses a CV type configuration on both the diff & TC side, which is intolerant of a lift of 4".
These pics, borrowed from 00JGC00, show the CV joints at both the diff & TC
I started out by replacing the CV type on TC side to a double cardon, modified by 6 States. According to them & Teraflex, I was okay keeping the CV type left on the diff side, with a 4" lift... Until the boot broke. This is the modified stock DS. This mod was a mere $265
Since the boot broke & no one, not even the stealership, had a replacement boot (unless I wanted to buy a brand new fracking DS), I would have to get creative. Okay, not really... haha. Instead of buying a really expensive aftermarket DS, I researched and found that the U-joint type offered on later dubs was actually quite suitable for lifted dubs aaaannnd was a fraction of the cost. So I bought a D30 yoke w/ straps from a wrecked TJ & used the yoke from my converted DS on the TC & then bought a U-joint style DS from a wrecked 2002 Limited WJ. $107 later I have a working front end again that is completely lift friendly
Here is the working DS & joints to compare to the old ones