Today I've been spending some time trying to tuck the truss down as tight as it can to the axle. I had to cut/trim the crap outta the drivers side leaf perch, and some material off the truss itself...BUT it's damn close to where I want it. I'll definately be able to get some of the center section welded from the front, but the back is gunna stay pretty open. I'm thinking about a little bridge to tie the truss into the center solidly like I did my rear 9"
5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings
[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]
[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders
Sorry Marc for not updating this post recently! I haven't dropped plumbobs to see exactly how close it is but it's pretty dang close, shouldn't ahve to worry about it! I'll give you an accurate answer when it comes back from the machinist
Well I worked for the 2 hours of daylight I had after school today haha...damn time change!
Anyhow I got to work on fitting the RuffStuff truss down ontop of the pumpkin. They start as MASSIVE trusses, they would net you like 10-12" of seperation in original form. I cut a little over 2" out of it, and actually sunk it onto the pumpkin. A little welding there wouldn't hurt...hmmm. It's still going to have about 9" of vertical seperation even with the lower links near horizontal on the axle tubes
Heres the inner 3/8" plate of the truss
And the 3/8" plate with the 1/4" peice to box it in...yeah BEEF.