5.9 Andy's 1 Ton ZJ Build "American Standard" - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 5.9 Andy's 1 Ton ZJ Build "American Standard"

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-24-2010, 12:58 AM   #256
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

sexy !

Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #257
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

HaViK I won't have to be near you if I use my torchmate to a few products you can install at home

I've been reworking the front LCA mounts to fit the chassis better, pics up lata today!
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #258
saceone

JK guy here, makes me wanna learn about welding and fabricating stuff
very cool build!
saceone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #259
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

im glad to see the truss lines up with the coil buckets.
now i need to order mine!
Unread 12-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #260
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Hehe I might have spoke a little bit to soon on that. Over the past day and a half I've been reworking the lower mounts, and doing all the finish welding on the front axle. I ended up having the axle pushed forward a little more than I originally did, and the TnT truss's coil buckets are too far forward for comfort. I'm going to be cutting the coil locators off the truss and weld them on over further back over the tube to center everything again. Huge progress though! Just need to upload some pics
Unread 12-28-2010, 12:35 AM   #261
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Picture time! Lots of welding over the past 2 days, finished off a spool of .025 wire, threw in my .035 and layed down some deep penetrating beads. MAN OH MAN! This little welder has got some serious umph. I was able to burn DEEP into the 3/8" brackets for the lower control arms, it was nice.

Anyways, here's the first pic. The newly narrowed lower control arm mounts, drivers side has 1 on the cast.

Here you can see a little cast welding on the back side of the truss and the lower control arm mount. I made a gusset out of 3/8" to brace from the lower control arm mount up to the truss, no pic of that though!

A weld I layed down with the .025 before I ran out, much easier to control the look of this wire even though the penetration is guaranteed with the .035

Front pic with all the welding done. All the truss welding, the tubes are welded, and I was able to weld the truss like 6"+ up each side of the cast

Rear shot, showing the inboarded and slightly angled lower control arm mounts. They fit MUCH nicer now!

So! I put the axle back in place! The axle is in ride height in relation to the truck, and only sitting 1 or 2" higher off the ground than it will, so this is damn close to what it will look like!

I did a lot of looking and tinkering with Andy's old RE track bars, I'm looking at shortening and using his old front one. The rear is in the pics. I also need to rebuild the frame side track bar bracket now that everything is repositioned, it's a little too close to the upper control arm mount for comfort.

In this pic you can see that the axle coil buckets are too far forward. They are going to get cut off, slid back and rewelded.
Unread 12-28-2010, 12:39 AM   #262
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake View Post

I did a lot of looking and tinkering with Andy's old RE track bars, I'm looking at shortening and using his old front one. The rear is in the pics. I also need to rebuild the frame side track bar bracket now that everything is repositioned, it's a little too close to the upper control arm mount for comfort.

What is the jug of simply orange for?

I prolly missed this, but what gears are you putting in this?
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 01:07 AM   #263
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

brake fluid catcher haha!

It's gettin 5.38's, should be pretty damn peppy!
Unread 12-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #264
-cAcHe-
1996 ZJ 

Thing looks bad ***, are you going to be doing any front stiffeners?? Might as well since you have the coils and everything else out.

Something like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWK View Post
I like happy endings :2thumbsup:
RIP Troy Edwards (bigbluezj94)
-cAcHe- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 08:31 AM   #265
smunns

Looking good!
smunns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #266
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

geez greg get this thing done... :P haha i joke i joke. its looking pretty awesome man
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #267
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

makes me almost think i should just get a hp60 for mine too.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #268
JFox21
1996 ZJ 

So uhh when can you finish this thing so I can drive over and have you do my axle swap?

Looks awesome. Nice work.

Sophomore at Santa Clara University
JFox21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #269
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Cache I'm thinkin those would be a perfect item for my torchmate, so they might have to wait for me to set that up hehehe!

Thanks smunns

Purple haha I'm almost done with the fab work! Just gotta finish the cover for the rear, cover for the front, gear installs, and the overall overhall ov both axles!

Rat doooooo itttt! Or a 609 haha, they are the only way to fly
Unread 12-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #270
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Haha Jamie! After I'm done with this jeep I have to finish my 609 and want to spend a little time on the torchmate makin some fun things . AFter that though...I'd be down!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.