5.9 Andy's 1 Ton ZJ Build "American Standard" - Page 36 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #526 of 527 Old 12-18-2014, 12:18 PM
wjjeep3932
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser0416 View Post
Well at least you didn't come back asking me where my children go to school, that's something.

I am trying to do PRIOR research and capture the design in Visio, rather than showing up at the shop and asking someone to work it out any way they like. In other words, I was looking for the pitfalls to avoid and some idea of what fits together nicely from past experience, a simple 2 minute time-saving money-saving few tips. In my profession, I do this for anyone who asks because I know how much time can be wasted chasing down subtle but important details (which are sometimes NEVER found until the mistakes have been made).

So I will get outa here and try your pirate for "that crap". Out of curiosity about this thread here: if it is not for "crap", then what value do you think it provides anyone other than as a social hangout? I am not seeing any metallurgy, materials, physics, differential equations experts here, so I guess the higher calling of this thread was not obvious from a first glance.

BTW, that American Standard toilet was a nice touch.
I won't keep blowing up this great thread with another response so this will be my last. But all I told you to go on Pirate for was the name calling, telling two members that have contributed a lot of info, including another great build thread to this forum to "stick it". That is crap and could even get you banned, and if thats how you wanna talk to people then Pirate will work better for you. Good luck getting any info going over there or on any forum though telling people to stick it in your third post haha. Nobody likes an internet tough guy, and nobody likes someone who won't just do some reading for themselves.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #527 of 527 Old 08-23-2017, 10:46 AM
Goliath-XJ

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake View Post
How's this for an update of today hehe.

First, heres a pic of the tcase shift linkage I finished yesterday. Had to change things up a bit for the Rock Track 241 tcase, it needed some different lever ratios. (and yes that is allthread welded in haha)

Painted the pinion support, got longer bolts and installed it on the axle

....But I couldn't stop there so I rolled it under the truck and put the links in

....Buuuut I couldn't stop there so I put the coils under it and put the wheels on

It is GOOD to see this thing on it's wheels for the first time, doesn't even have a single jack stand under it right now! The list is getting shorter.
I know the thread is old, but did you leave the stock upper coil buckets? If so, how did you adjust the rear suspension so the 37" tires don't tuck under the rocker panel and rub? I'm going to put 35s on my ZJ and I don't know if relocating the coil buckets on the rear ( to the rear ) is necessary... Thanks in advance!

Goliath Off Road

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.