311WJ's Build Thread - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 311WJ's Build Thread

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Building a Bumper?

Closed Thread
Unread 06-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #241
FrankTheDank
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver / Avon, Colorado
Posts: 456
I'm ordering the Iceland bumper tonight or tomorrow, how was the install, was drilling needed for the brackets, how much grinding was really needed to fit it over the freame


Jeep looks AMAZING btw

FrankTheDank is offline  
Unread 06-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #242
311LJ
311Popo
 
311LJ's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springville, Utah
Posts: 7,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheDank View Post
I'm ordering the Iceland bumper tonight or tomorrow, how was the install, was drilling needed for the brackets, how much grinding was really needed to fit it over the freame


Jeep looks AMAZING btw
sweet thanks man... the install was not to bad.. he built the kit VERY well and it fits really tight.. which can be a pain cause you have to do it just right to have it fit.. but with some persistence it fits perfectly... there was no drilling needed.. But it has 4 bolts on each side that go through 4 holes in the frame.. you might have to ream them out to make the holes line up and the bolts go through.. i didn't need to on 3 of them on each side.. but the 4th didn't line up so i just didn't put it in.. it was solid enough with the 3 and the bolts by the sway bar that i didn't worry bout it.. make sure if you tell him if you have the front factory skid plate.. he didn't leave holes in my bracket to bolt the factory plate in so i welded it to his bracket.. i have the first bumper so i told him he needs to incorporate the hole for the skid plate into his next kits.. hopefully he did..

As for grinding the frame, i had to take about 1 1/2 inches of each bottom corner.. just like taking a triangle shape out of the bottom corner.. not really a big deal..
__________________
John
04 TJ Unlimited, GenRight Armor, 37's Unlimited Build Thread
89 XJ Laredo, 31's
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline  
Unread 06-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #243
spidermonkey
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Two Harbors MN
Posts: 652
Your jeep looks badazzz. Nice build and great wheeling pics.
__________________
98ZJ, 4.0,242, 8.8 Detroit, hp30, 3.5" lift, IRO LA's 4.56's, 33" Firestone MT's, custom rear bumper, ARB front, Engo E9000, factory skids

My driveway build here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/spidermonkeys-98-zj-build-716209/
speedo reading x spd gear tooth count/gps speed = new spd gear for dead on accuracy
North Shore Wheelers www.nsw4x4.com
spidermonkey is offline  
Unread 06-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #244
FrankTheDank
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver / Avon, Colorado
Posts: 456
!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311WJ View Post
sweet thanks man... the install was not to bad.. he built the kit VERY well and it fits really tight.. which can be a pain cause you have to do it just right to have it fit.. but with some persistence it fits perfectly... there was no drilling needed.. But it has 4 bolts on each side that go through 4 holes in the frame.. you might have to ream them out to make the holes line up and the bolts go through.. i didn't need to on 3 of them on each side.. but the 4th didn't line up so i just didn't put it in.. it was solid enough with the 3 and the bolts by the sway bar that i didn't worry bout it.. make sure if you tell him if you have the front factory skid plate.. he didn't leave holes in my bracket to bolt the factory plate in so i welded it to his bracket.. i have the first bumper so i told him he needs to incorporate the hole for the skid plate into his next kits.. hopefully he did..

As for grinding the frame, i had to take about 1 1/2 inches of each bottom corner.. just like taking a triangle shape out of the bottom corner.. not really a big deal..
Thanks !!!

i'm ordering now

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
FrankTheDank is offline  
Unread 06-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #245
311LJ
311Popo
 
311LJ's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springville, Utah
Posts: 7,429
let me know when you get it! if you were closer i'd come help you install
__________________
John
04 TJ Unlimited, GenRight Armor, 37's Unlimited Build Thread
89 XJ Laredo, 31's
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline  
Unread 06-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #246
SaturnICL
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sparks,NV
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by 311WJ View Post
Ha thanks! The bumper rocks! I'm having a blast at grand slam.. Have some pics baja'n with all 4 tires off the ground

As for the lift, its sick! A guy here that came down withb Shinobi has my lift on his wj with 2 inch picks and 37's!!!

Ill post pics tomorrow when I get back from grand slam!
Nice build thread

We had a great time wheeling with you guys. You need to come out west and do Rubicon with us (we are going July 15-17 I think)

Chris,Shawna, Alison and Rachel

P.S. Shawna and I both think the GF is a keeper

Maybe yours can look like this when it grows up
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...e/IMG_4770.jpg
SaturnICL is offline  
Unread 06-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #247
FrankTheDank
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver / Avon, Colorado
Posts: 456
How long did it take for your bumper to show up? was it in stock or made to order or what?

Thanks
FrankTheDank is offline  
Unread 06-17-2009, 09:01 PM   #248
corndogduff
Registered User
1992  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mormonville, UT
Posts: 3,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnICL View Post
Nice build thread

We had a great time wheeling with you guys. You need to come out west and do Rubicon with us (we are going July 15-17 I think)

Chris,Shawna, Alison and Rachel

P.S. Shawna and I both think the GF is a keeper

Maybe yours can look like this when it grows up
I'm gonna click free this pic just for the sake of showing john his dub isnt the absolute coolest..... yet.......
__________________
Duff.
(broken)98 ZJ 5.9
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline  
Unread 06-18-2009, 01:16 AM   #249
311LJ
311Popo
 
311LJ's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springville, Utah
Posts: 7,429
Ha well I mentioned it before... I live like 15 min from icelands shop. So he painted it and stuff for me...

He has a few in stock right now.. So you shouldn't have to wait too long..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheDank View Post
How long did it take for your bumper to show up? was it in stock or made to order or what?

Thanks
__________________
John
04 TJ Unlimited, GenRight Armor, 37's Unlimited Build Thread
89 XJ Laredo, 31's
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline  
Unread 06-18-2009, 01:46 AM   #250
k9popo
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UTAH!!!
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by 311WJ View Post
Ha well I mentioned it before... I live like 15 min from icelands shop. So he painted it and stuff for me...

He has a few in stock right now.. So you shouldn't have to wait too long..
Wait a minute you wrote this while sitting in my patrol car
k9popo is offline  
Unread 06-18-2009, 02:01 AM   #251
Jones
Consider the following...
 
Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9popo View Post
Wait a minute you wrote this while sitting in my patrol car
I wish I could go on ride alongs as much as John gets to. I definitely wouldn't be JF'ing either.
__________________
Put your bacon where your mouth is!

Last edited by Jones; 06-18-2009 at 02:24 AM.. Reason: Grammar/spelling fail.
Jones is offline  
Unread 06-18-2009, 02:22 AM   #252
k9popo
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UTAH!!!
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZJones- View Post
I wish I could go on ride alongs as much as John gets too. I definitely wouldn't be JF'ing either.
I like it when he comes out it really makes the time fly by...I think he wrote it as we were hooking a guy up for a warrant for DV assault...Anytime your up here you welcome to come out
k9popo is offline  
Unread 06-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #253
311LJ
311Popo
 
311LJ's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springville, Utah
Posts: 7,429
Ha yeah when we got that doosher for the DV assault warrent. And he was on a date.

'We just saved that girls life..' Lol
__________________
John
04 TJ Unlimited, GenRight Armor, 37's Unlimited Build Thread
89 XJ Laredo, 31's
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline  
Unread 06-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #254
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!
 
ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 23,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZJones- View Post
I wish I could go on ride alongs as much as John gets to. I definitely wouldn't be JF'ing either.
Let me know and I'll hook you up with a sure-fire trick to get a ride-along (in the back seat though)...
__________________
'04 WJ, 6" Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 35" BFG MT KM2's, 4.56 gears, & D44a locked
'14 WK2 Limited w/5.7L, ORAI, & Tow Package
ArloGuthroJeep is offline  
Unread 06-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #255
311LJ
311Popo
 
311LJ's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springville, Utah
Posts: 7,429
Yeah you just gotta follow arlo and be 10-96
__________________
John
04 TJ Unlimited, GenRight Armor, 37's Unlimited Build Thread
89 XJ Laredo, 31's
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline  
Closed Thread
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.