2014 Grand Cherokee Overland - off road on 20's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland - off road on 20's?

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Chappy22

2014 Grand Cherokee Overland - off road on 20's?

Just purchased my first Jeep - a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4.

Wondering if it is reasonable/possible to take the truck off road with the stock 20 inch all road tires/rims?

I am not thinking full off road, but some trails in the woods with reasonable size obsticles possibly.

Feedback/coaching is apprecaited!

Chappy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
JeepCares

I would say yes, but "reasonable size" obstacles means different things to different people.

I suggest going with someone experienced. You can try looking around here.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

it can handle it, sure. but i would be wary of taking a $45k+ vehicle into anything that had a high risk of damaging it.

up to you.
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldn't put a new GC on any type of 'obstacle', assuming you mean rocks/trees or something like that to climb up and over.

Dirt roads and trails, sand, snow, gravel, etc no problem. Off camber stuff and steep hills, sure.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.