2011+ Grand Cherokee - Replacing Antenna & Base - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 2011+ Grand Cherokee - Replacing Antenna & Base

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
tdub2005

2011+ Grand Cherokee - Replacing Antenna & Base

Hey All,

I recently snapped the full Antenna on my 2012 Grand Cherokee. I searched and found a lot regarding the stubby and shark fin Antennas that can replace the Grand Cherokee's stock one. But my issue is that I have completely smashed the base unit and am unable to screw anything new into it. Currently GPS & Sirius radio work, but FM/AM does not. At least the cables are OK.

Looks like the base & antenna is ~$107 from Mopar/Dealership.

1) Any suggestions on an alternative antenna than stock for base + antenna?
2) I have been unable to find any instructions on removing the base. It looks like the headliner will need to be removed? If yes - headliner needs to be removed, anyone have any tips?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: I do feel pretty dumb for smashing the unit..

part1.jpg  
part2.jpg

Last edited by tdub2005; 01-14-2014 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: Adding Images
tdub2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.