2007 Grand Cherokee Starting issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 2007 Grand Cherokee Starting issues

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
camaro69617

2007 Grand Cherokee Starting issues

I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee this is my 3rd Cherokee. I'm a jeep guy - had an 89 Wrangler, and 2 liberty's; currently also have an 07 manual Liberty.

Recently the 07 Grand Cherokee has had starting issues only 53k on odometer.
2 starting issues 1) occassionally turn key and nothing - battery good, connections good; 2) intermittent sputter starts feels like not getting fuel.
Should note neither will code
Been to the dealer multiple times first time - told it was the spark plugs out of gap - ok bought that; second time in shop for two days nothing;
Last week wife driving it and won't start at all = 6x in a row no start nothing;
Then sputter start. It has been at the dealer for 4 days - apparently they are working with some Jeep Tech center. I was told that it is most likely the fuel rail - some injector issue - been pressure tested two days nothing. I was told that if it is not the fuel rail then they don't know what to do.

SOOO frustrated. Can't find any recalls - can't afford another vehicle close to upside down on this one. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Like the Brand but my 06 had electrical problems so I got rid of it w/ 80k - driving down road and would have an electric light show - flashing of the lights on dash going bright to dark - beginning to lose faith in the brand.

07 Liberty starting to have electrical issues with windows. Need to fix Grand Cherokee first.

Thanks for my rant.

camaro69617 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.