2000 limited mild build. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 2000 limited mild build.

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 10-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
Ryan218
2000 WJ 

2000 limited mild build.

first off would like to start off with my name is ryan. im 19 and will be 20 in nov. love fords for my trucks and the mustangs but love jeeps for my suv's. this is my 3rd jeep. had a 2000 laredo then a 93 gc that had a mild cam and had a selectable treansfer case. was fun. then the 2000 limited. between all of these ive had 5 mustangs. a 83 glx, 88 5.0 convertible, 89 5.0 convert triple black. with a mild h/c/i setup. a 90 lx hatchback with a mild h/c/i gears ect all the bolt ons. and a 99 rio red cobra. very fun car that spent alot of its time at mid ohio. a explorer, a supercoupe, a f250 superduty with a 4 inch lift and 35's and a audi a4 with a front mount and garret turbo.

the garage qween the 86 GT

time for something new with the jeep to keep me occupied. the lift and window visors say they should be getting delivered on wed or Thursday. Friday after work is my plan on doing the lift.

i bought my jeep from jim keim ford in jan for 5200 out the door. got them to do rotors pad, and give me a 500 dollar gas card included as well. they had the jeep listed for 5900ish. this one is a 4.0l was wanting the 4.7 but so far the 4.0l has done well with everything i have thrown at it. a trip to tennessee for vacation spent a week in and out of the mountains. visited the jeep trail while there. kinda boring. pulled the trailer without an issue. just wish there was a little more power. debating on a programmer but not sure on it. would like to hear the results people have had with them.

ive really been neglecting my jeep the past 3 months with how hetic work has been and life in general. jeep has done me well so its time to return the favor and give her some love.

first off a few from the day i bought it.

these are from mid summer when i added a k&n intake

so far ive also added an over lander cluster last week. and have on order a rough country 2" lift and some window visors to start of this weekend. going to get the front windows tinted soon and will be doing the front bumper rear bumper and door claddings with line-x. already have done the lower rockers on it but have no decided to go all the way around to cover some scratches and chips. plus i work there so ill do it when we have a dead day.

it has 245/70/16 on it right now buddy of mine has some Goodyear armors in 265/70/16 im probably going to pick up from him. since this is a 95% daily driver it wont see no extreme use.

i will get some more pictures here this week.

2001 Grand Cherokee Limited .
Ryan218 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
mudlover1832
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nice jeep. Im actually 20 as well, and have has a similar car history. Fist car was a red 65 mustang with the 289, c4, and 9inch. Then got a MB c230, traded it for an 06 BMW 330i, which i sold and picked up the GC. Also, i have a YJ on 40's crawler i need to sell. Whats weird is, even with how fortunate i was to have such nice cars, im more comfy in my WJ! One question, are you going to line-x the already painted cladding?

'01 WJ- Limited, 4.7l, Leather, QuadraDrive with Vari-Lock axles, lift coming soon!
mudlover1832 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
Ryan218
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlover1832 View Post
Nice jeep. Im actually 20 as well, and have has a similar car history. Fist car was a red 65 mustang with the 289, c4, and 9inch. Then got a MB c230, traded it for an 06 BMW 330i, which i sold and picked up the GC. Also, i have a YJ on 40's crawler i need to sell. Whats weird is, even with how fortunate i was to have such nice cars, im more comfy in my WJ! One question, are you going to line-x the already painted cladding?
yes, there pretty baged up. alot of scrathes. pant transfer from parking poles. got it that way and my girl freind is far from easy on the door when she drives it. shocking right.

ill say one thing. i do love the grand cherokee. very comfy to drive. dont do horrible on gas. and does great in the winter. just needs to be higher. next truck or suv to me next year at some point will either be a 05+ grand cherokee or a 05+ f150 crew cab. but im more so leaning towards a new to me grand cherokee. just not sure if the 4.7 or the hemi would be the better way to go when i do.

Unread 10-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
Ryan218
2000 WJ 

lift came in today. looking to see if i can track down some new spring isolators before Friday after work when i got to install the lift.

Unread 10-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
-Shoey-
2003 KJ Liberty 

Looks good. I used to live in sorta that area, in Chillicothe.
USN Jeep Club #115
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
Ryan218
2000 WJ 

so far no luck on finding spring isolators. now i do have question. whenever i would replace the springs on any of my mustangs i would just let the rear end front down far enough to where there was no pressure on the springs and they would just fall out. now for jeep can i do the same? with the shocks off will having the jeep on jack stands high up and letting the rear end drop give me enough room? as well with the front? possible taking the tie rod ends off? or am i going to have to use spring compressors? i really hate using these as the last time one snapped on me and broke 3 of my teeth, knocked me out. and i looked as if i slammed my face into a brick wall repeatedly. not to mention. trip tp the er was not fun. so am i gonna get lucky or or tempt fate again?

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan218 View Post
so far no luck on finding spring isolators. now i do have question. whenever i would replace the springs on any of my mustangs i would just let the rear end front down far enough to where there was no pressure on the springs and they would just fall out. now for jeep can i do the same? with the shocks off will having the jeep on jack stands high up and letting the rear end drop give me enough room? as well with the front? possible taking the tie rod ends off? or am i going to have to use spring compressors? i really hate using these as the last time one snapped on me and broke 3 of my teeth, knocked me out. and i looked as if i slammed my face into a brick wall repeatedly. not to mention. trip tp the er was not fun. so am i gonna get lucky or or tempt fate again?
I ordered my isolators from RockAuto

For the springs, yes, you can lower down the axle and let the stock springs fall out. When putting in longer springs, a spring compressor (that you can rent from oreilly's) will definitely make it easier. No need to take the TRE off.

I see you had a bad experience with the spring compressors, but just make sure its hooked correctly and good to go. IF your NOT putting in longer coils then no need the compressors
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
Ryan218
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
I ordered my isolators from RockAuto

For the springs, yes, you can lower down the axle and let the stock springs fall out. When putting in longer springs, a spring compressor (that you can rent from oreilly's) will definitely make it easier. No need to take the TRE off.

I see you had a bad experience with the spring compressors, but just make sure its hooked correctly and good to go. IF your NOT putting in longer coils then no need the compressors
yeah only problem is i need to put the lift and shocks on this weekend. my front shocks are so bad that i can grab them with the jeep on the ground sitting on all 4 and grab the top of the shock through the wheel well and move them around lol. i wish some local store would have them in stock.

all im doing is the rough country 2 inch so think i will be ok without using any spring compressors? id REALLY like to avoid them lol.

Unread 10-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan218 View Post
yeah only problem is i need to put the lift and shocks on this weekend. my front shocks are so bad that i can grab them with the jeep on the ground sitting on all 4 and grab the top of the shock through the wheel well and move them around lol. i wish some local store would have them in stock.

all im doing is the rough country 2 inch so think i will be ok without using any spring compressors? id REALLY like to avoid them lol.
is it 2" springs or pucks?..i still think your gonna need them sad to say. lol
Unread 10-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #10
Ryan218
2000 WJ 

lift is all done. and i got them in without using a compressor. score for me! started at 930 after work and finished up at about 12. will say i love it. cant wait to get some new tires for it now. the front end was sitting 28" from ground to center of fender lip now is at 34" rear was sitting at 32" now sitting at 34" as well. will post some pictures in the after noon after i take it to the car wash and put the visors on. to dirty to put them on now.

Unread 10-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #11
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

rather than measuring from the ground, measure from hub center to fender to get true accurate lift measurements.

i would love to see some pics!! and congrats on no compressors, lol
Unread 10-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #12
Ryan218
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
rather than measuring from the ground, measure from hub center to fender to get true accurate lift measurements.

i would love to see some pics!! and congrats on no compressors, lol
hub to fender? ok ill do that tonight. will be getting some pics soon

Unread 10-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
Ryan218
2000 WJ 

here are some pictures. by the time we got back from hocking hills it was dark. i have a werid noise from the jeeps suspenio that ill have to check out tomm. soudns like ball joints but there are no play in them and the bots arnt torn and there full of grese. any other ideas of what would casue a poping clanking noise? jeep does have almost 185k on it and they are orginal as far as i know.

overland cluster

line-x my reciver cover

line-x on the lower rockers. its still dirty. gonna wash it tomm.

and a picture from our trip to gatlinburg with it in april. back when it had 24k less miles on it. yes i drive ALOT for work.

Unread 10-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #14
Ryan218
2000 WJ 

day time. i suck at taking pictures bare with me put the visors on real quick as well today.

new tires will be here soon after i decied what size and tire to go with. and does anyone know of some trails or anything in th central ohio area? would like to be able to test it out a bit and check out the flex it has after new tires are on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.