2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Bumper Replacement Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Bumper Replacement Question

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
shadekitty

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Bumper Replacement Question

Hi everyone,

I love my Jeeps. I really do. It's why I'm still driving mine at 120k

I'm not sure where to post this, but I'm hoping someone can help me with this - I want my Jeep back! The patriot I'm driving just isn't the same as my JGC.

I was rear ended 2 weeks ago and the body shop keeps replacing my bumper cover, but it's not the right color. They order it against my VIN and it is more of a tan/brown than dark gray.

The part number that both the collision place has and my Jeep dealership gave me is 5eu81xs9ab. Looking around on the internet, they all seem to look the same. I've found one or two that look darker, but they have tow hitch holes. Is there something that we're missing about this bumper replacement that I should know about. I had the same bumper last year replaced by the same shop for a parking lot fender bender (some woman backed into me) and it was NOT this tan/brown color.

One site I found gave 3 additional options on this bumper for a brownstone, light gray and dark gray - but Chrysler says that they don't offer those options. The part number is what it is..

Any suggestions appreciated...

Thanks!

shadekitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
shadekitty

I won't post any direct links, but some of the sites I found these "options" on mention this in the comments on the part number that the Jeep dealer and the body shop gave me:

Textured Color 3739 for brownstone 3729 for Light Gray/Driftwood 3741 for 00-02 Dark Gray

I have no idea what this means and if it's only for aftermarket, etc...
shadekitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
lanibrie

shadekitty - did you ever find out which color was the corect color for part 5EU81XS9AB?
lanibrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.