2" Suspension lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 2" Suspension lift?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
GatorJeep15
2000 WJ 

2" Suspension lift?

I know there are 2" spacers, but I would rather go with suspension. I got the idea from this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCSytfGFG9o

I looked around online and could only find that 2" Old Man Emu suspension lift for WK's. Anyone feel like helping me out?

Thoughts?

GatorJeep15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
ras2001wj
2001 WJ 

The spacers are technically suspension lifts, but for springs-

Rustys Offroad: WJ Grand Cherokee 2.5" Basic Kit

Thats the only spring lift I know of under 3"

[SIZE="3"][B]2001 WJ Laredo 4.0[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][B]2" BB
245/75R16 [/B][/SIZE]
[B]
[COLOR="Red"]Ron [/COLOR][COLOR="White"]Paul[/COLOR][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/B][COLOR="Blue"] 2012[/COLOR]
"Freedoms Popular"
ras2001wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
Bmeckman
2012 JK Wrangler 

I wanted a 2" suspension as well, i contacted Kolak and after speaking to him i chose to go 3" with OME springs Mx6 shocks and rancho steering stabalizer couldnt be happier with the ride he was alot of help
Bmeckman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
00JGC00
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeckman View Post
I wanted a 2" suspension as well, i contacted Kolak and after speaking to him i chose to go 3" with OME springs Mx6 shocks and rancho steering stabalizer couldnt be happier with the ride he was alot of help
How much did all that run you if you don't mind my asking?
Utah JeepCrew #39 | Club Matt #1
December '11 GCOTM | Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/life-times-979511/
00JGC00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
Bmeckman
2012 JK Wrangler 

i got a JKS adj trackbar, JKS quick discos, mx6 shocks, rancho ss rear shock mount kit, and OME HD springs it was just a tad over 1k with shipping.....but you get what you pay for. There are cheaper ways to get 3" but this rides great and Kolak is awesome to deal with. I reseached a lift for about 2 years before i got it. could not be happier. If you PM or email him tell him what your trying to achieve he can help you out.
Unread 06-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeckman View Post
i got a JKS adj trackbar, JKS quick discos, mx6 shocks, rancho ss rear shock mount kit, and OME HD springs it was just a tad over 1k with shipping.....but you get what you pay for. There are cheaper ways to get 3" but this rides great and Kolak is awesome to deal with. I reseached a lift for about 2 years before i got it. could not be happier. If you PM or email him tell him what your trying to achieve he can help you out.
$1000 and you are still on stock control arms and no a-arm spacer? Yikes

Im at 4" with adjustable front lower CA's, adj track bar, quick discos, a-arm spacer, and steering stabilizer for a tad under $700.

To the OP: if you are set on only 2", stick with the pucks and pick up a decent set of shocks. Pucks will run you about $150 new, or much cheaper used. Your ride quality is going to be dependent 100% on the shocks you choose. You can spend anywhere from $150 - $600 on shocks.

3" lifts are pretty much worthless IMHO. You can easily go up to 4" for the same price as any of the 3" kits out there and have a more complete setup (most 3" kits dont come with CA's)

Compare IRO's 3" kit to Zone or Rough Country X-series 4" kits. By the time you add an adj track bar, CA's, a-arm spacers, and a decent set of shocks to the IRO kit, you are already over $1000. Zone comes with all that stuff for $699 (retail from their website) and the RC-X kit comes with even more for $750 (retail from their website) As I said above, I got my RC-X kit with a SS added to the order, shipped to my door for under $700 from a vendor on Jeepforum.

Lifting just 2" will definitely be the cheapest option. But if you ever plan on going higher than that (everybody ends up wanting too) save the money and go right to 4" or higher.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
Bmeckman
2012 JK Wrangler 

I originally wanted the 2" like the OP was looking at also but he didnt want to use spacers and i was in the same boat, i wanted new springs.
Unread 06-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
PaLftr
1997 ZJ 

Wow...if you spend money on 2" lift springs rather than getting cheap spacers you eill regret every second of it.

Great way to waste money once you realize you want or need more lift.

I started off the same way "just get 2" and be happy" ...but Noooo...You won't be happy.
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #9
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

X2 on about everything ezflip said because soon or later one of us was gonna say it also i have a lot of info about the 4in Zone kit in my build thread which i have a link to in my sig
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #10
GatorJeep15
2000 WJ 

So I'm trying to find a lift with shocks and springs under $1000. I would be happy with just a 2.5" lift that ras2001wj posted because I don't see myself coming up with the cash in the future for a 4" lift.

With this being said, what should I get? Does anyone recommend something different that's under 4"...?
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:33 PM   #11
ras2001wj
2001 WJ 

Iron Rock Offroad 3"

it is a tried and true kit, but most want to go bigger

[SIZE="2"][B]2" BB
245/75R16 [/B][/SIZE]
[B]
[COLOR="Red"]Ron [/COLOR][COLOR="White"]Paul[/COLOR][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/B][COLOR="Blue"] 2012[/COLOR]
"Freedoms Popular"
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #12
GatorJeep15
2000 WJ 

The 3" Iron Rock looks like the winner!! Expect a build thread in a couple months! haha
thanks for all the help guys, but I just have one more question.

how much should I expect to pay for installation?
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #13
ras2001wj
2001 WJ 

Why pay to get it installed?

It comes with detailed instructions, and if you are going to be driving a lifted jeep, you should know your lift kit ike the back of your hand.

[SIZE="2"][B]2" BB
245/75R16 [/B][/SIZE]
[B]
"Freedoms Popular"
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #14
GatorJeep15
2000 WJ 

I don't have any experience at that and want it done right. Trust I would love to not pay and do it myself, but I don't know....

I'll think about it!
Unread 06-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #15
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Also consider adding a JKS adjustable track bar i believe the the IRO at 3in is fixed
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.