2 inch pipe for snorkle?...ok? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 2 inch pipe for snorkle?...ok?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
cherokeepride

2 inch pipe for snorkle?...ok?

I just bought a 1998 Grand Cherokee about a month ago, my daily driver but Ive been spending alot of time in the woods, some spots get pretty scary considering my stock air cleaner sucks in the grill, I had my front bumper under water last night again and I wanted to spice her up with a snorkle so i dont have to worry anymore...I went to Home Depot and bought the 2 inch PVC piping and some angled adapters, I cut a clean round hole in my airbox under the filter and sent it into my fender, I ran it inside my fender and have it popping out by my side view mirrior, it dont look bad and it will look alot better tomorrow after I spray it with the black bedliner spray...is the 2 inch PVC pipe big enough?...and Im assuming I should leave the 2 tiny holes in the bottom of my air box for water to drain out if any rain water was to find its way into my snorkle?...and Im assuming I should just put an angled piece at the tip of the snorkle to prevent rain water from pouring in?...anything with this setup sound bad?...or am I good to go...any tips will help, thanks

cherokeepride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

I would want 3 or 4" pipe personally.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

I wouldn't cut a drain hole...if you were to sit under water that is just a spot to suck up water through still - unless you can put a one way valve in there.

You'll probably also want something bigger then 2" - just a shot in the dark though. Look at the OEM tube size and at least match it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.