2.7 grand cherokee wont start - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 04-10-2016, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
trabocco

2.7 grand cherokee wont start

lately in the morning my jeep struggles to start but after it starts for the first time it starts fine every time ,I suspect this is due to a low battery or it requires new glow plugs (suspect).

so this morning it was taking ages to start so I asked a neighbour to help with jump leads however the leads were put on the wrong way round and after that the engine won't turn over at all.

and now the asd relay is clicking in and out continuously like mad, the amp an fule guages don't work and the key symbol is showing on the dash wich I think is the immobiliser symbol every thing else seems to be working fine.

I have tried swapping the asd relay with others, I have checked the fuses visually and with my multimeter and I have tried fitting a trusted battery of a friends car and I still have no joy.

dose any one have an idea of what it could be, any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.