1999 WJ project - JeepForum.com
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 1999 WJ project

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value6th annual beat your wife to the credit cards sale!!Black Friday Sales Continue!

Unread 04-09-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
1999 WJ 
1999 WJ project

Hey guys, new to the site but not to forums. going to do a little build thread here of my new to me 1999 WJ i picked up as a project.

needs some work but i have big plans

as of right now she needs:
a good tune up (200k on the clock)
gonna flush the fluids all around
rear end is noisey going to get a aussie locker for her
heat doesn't work. going to try to fix the blower motor issues and go from there
needs a front driveshaft but that will come after the following...

plans are:

IRO 6.5" long arm kit
lockers front and rear
242HD Tcase with SYE
new front driveshaft to accommodate lift
moab wheels with some 33" rubber

eventually id like to put a bigger front axle in and maybe even a rear. well see how this part goes for now. i would love to find some JK rubicon axles but i don't have that kind of money to play with just yet.

and here are some teaser pics

1999 WJ Limited 4X4 4.7L project
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel. daily driver tow pig
Russellt198 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #2
1999 WJ 
Looks good. Sounds like nice plans. Good luck.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
2002 WJ 
How committed are you to the IRO lift? I only ask because I was able to put together a RC LA kit w/Rusty's springs/shocks and JKS trackbar for significantly less than the IRO kit. You could even upgrade to Bilstein 5100 shocks and still be less than the IRO kit. The RC kit also includes a t-case skid. The RC bushings are greasable/rebuildable.

And no, I don't work for Rough Country - I'm just very pleased with my setup and thought I'd pass the info along.
Jeeping: The art of getting dirty and going broke while slowly heading nowhere and taking all day to do it.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...build-3066009/
SteeleJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2015, 09:21 PM   #4
Promising plan you have there. I also hope you fix the seats too. Good luck man!
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
energeticmister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.