1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Driver Side Door Needs Adjustment!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Driver Side Door Needs Adjustment!!

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 02-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
hozer

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Driver Side Door Needs Adjustment!!

How do I Adjust the Driver side door to shut correctly. It does not shut tight and because of its not shutting tight the dome lights stay on.

So how do I adjust the door to grab tight?

hozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
BlackbeastZJ
1995 ZJ 

I believe it has something to do the the hinge pins going bad, kind of a common problem on the ZJ's.

[SIZE="1"][B]1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, blacked out
4.0 I6, NP249, D30-D35 with 3.73 gears
LED Interior and gauge lights, Silverstar Ultra's
Tinted tails, Baja fogs, Bedlined bumpers, removed cladding
Iron Rock Offroad 3.5" lift, 15x8 Cragar D Windows, 32" BFG A/T's
Curt trailer hitch, Cobra CB with 4ft RS antenna[/B][/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/black-beast-95-zj-build-922921/"][B][SIZE="3"][B]My build Thread[/B][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

[SIZE="2"]Black Jeep Society
Christian Jeep Owners #37[/SIZE][/CENTER]
BlackbeastZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Could be the hinges, check that they are tight. You can adjust how the door sits with the 4 bolts on the hinges.

If they are good, it could be that your door has dented where the door ajar indicator presses. Sounds random, but that happened to me.
Unread 02-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
hozer

Well the hinges seem alittle up and down but seem to be the bushings on the hinges. However the hook on the door jam does adjust about 1 inch in any direction then it now shuts good

Thanks guys

These foruns are awesome
hozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
MStaffin
1997 ZJ 

Yes they are lol. (Not paying attention on new cell phone.)
MStaffin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.