1995 jeep grand Cherokee alarm issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 1995 jeep grand Cherokee alarm issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
redsoxfeen

1995 jeep grand Cherokee alarm issues

I lost the key with the alarm remote a while ago / I just went outside to try to start the truck and nothing i locked the truck from the inside i get out and the security light is still flashing / I get back in tried to start it nothing

redsoxfeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
sk8rgrl
1998 ZJ 

I had this same issue on my 95 grand cherokee and it was a pain. It kept alarming and the dash light would keep flashing. Also it has an ignition kill so you can't start it if the alarm is set off. I googled how to disable mine and it worked very easily. you just won't have an alarm on your car anymore. hope this works for you as it did for me. good luck
Also: on the drivers side door only, you can turn the key to the right and it turns the alarm off without a remote if you are not going to disable it completely

The FACTORY ALARM DISARM WIRE IS
purple/yellow |-| in the driver kick panel area,
at the black plug.

Once Located, splice into this wire with
a similar guage wire, and put it to
a solid chassis ground. This terminates
the alarm functions entirely.
sk8rgrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.