'10 S-Limited Build - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > '10 S-Limited Build

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 09-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #121
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Should be home early Nov! Can't wait to spend some quality time with family, working on the Jeep

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #122
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

I took a trip to shake down the recent mods. I had plans to head to the San Juan range in Colorado and continue on to Moab for a day or two. I ended up not making it to Moab, but was able to have some fun on the trails that weren't snowed in for the season near Ouray, Co. Unfortunately Imogene and Black Bear (my two favorite trails) were already closed. These pictures are from Clear Lake and Engineer:

And some damage... Looks like I'll be replacing the gas tank skid plate:

It appears my engine mounts are a little loose resulting in the driveshaft getting into the gas tank skid plate a little causing it to bend. I was back on the trail after bending it out of the way. I'm currently looking for a poly motor mount solution:

And lastly it appears even though I adjusted the headlight leveler as best I could, it just doesn't have enough throw to work with my increased suspension travel. I'll have to lengthen the armature.

My rear lower control arm bushings are also shot. They were used to begin with and I knew they were a little loose. Flexing the suspension out killed them though. Looks like some rust's adjustable arms or possibly even some JBA long arms will be on order soon...

Comparison shot with my sisters stock '05:

1998 Cherokee Classic 4.0L AW4 NP242
under construction
USN_BlackWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #123
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Nice pics Rob! The driveshaft and fuel tank skid issue is most likely from your rear axle positioning. That happened to me when I had my modified OME and getting the Rusty's adjustable track bar and centering the axle fixed it. The SL retains the factory geometry, but with a modified SL the axle wonders over to the drivers side causing the shaft to contact the skid.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #124
overland_HO
2013 WK 

I really like your rig man, looks really clean! Regarding the "S", was this some sort a limited run for that year?
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #125
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland_HO View Post
I really like your rig man, looks really clean! Regarding the "S", was this some sort a limited run for that year?
http://wkjeeps.com/wk_S_limited.htm
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #126
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
Thank you for the link..Nice!
Unread 02-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #127
RckRdyXJ
2005 WK 

Beautiful build! Wish i could build my wk like this!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.