'10 S-Limited Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > '10 S-Limited Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #76
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

Cant wait to install!

1998 Cherokee Classic 4.0L AW4 NP242
under construction
USN_BlackWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #77
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

Whoa, cool WK!, bumper looks great. Now SAS it!

2004 WJ Ltd. (steel blue pearlcoat)
4.7, 242 HD swap, 6" Clayton's, 35" BFG KM2s, F/R chromo'd JK Rubi D44s
TX-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #78
mattilacken
2007 WK 

Good looking WK!
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #79
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

Thanks!

Nothing big to report, still waiting on lots of parts. Started with the box:

During:

After:

Next project (just waiting on my Firestik):

The garage is getting closer to being done:

And still trying to find a place to mount my ARB on board air... its just so big and heavy!

under construction
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #80
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

More work done today! Box shot:

Most of the stuff is for the XJ though.

I ordered the Superlift differential guard and was somewhat disappointed when I opened the box and discovered that Superlift is now just selling a re-branded 4xGuard cover. Nothing against the 4xGuard design, but I just like the old style Superlift better. Oh well, on with the install:

Put the back end on jackstands for easy access:

An easy 20 minutes (including filling down imperfections on the backside of the mounting surface):

Some 4xGuard sliders and rear skid up next:

Done:

Also received these deflaters... They are beefy (and expensive):

That/s about it for today. On another note, I love Craftsman tool foam:

under construction
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #81
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

Very nice; garage is looking tits too .

Oh yeah, SAS it!

2004 WJ Ltd. (steel blue pearlcoat)
4.7, 242 HD swap, 6" Clayton's, 35" BFG KM2s, F/R chromo'd JK Rubi D44s
TX-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #82
Schwo
2005 WK 

gotta love the steady flow of deliveries. its the same thing at my house. I think my neighbors are getting nervous...

build is looking great!

Black '05 WK Hemi & '76 CJ5 AMC 304 V8

[COLOR="DarkRed"]WK Build Thread: [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/schwos-wk-build-1364837/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/schwos-wk-build-1364837/[/URL][/COLOR]
Schwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #83
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Jeep looks great!

I have been looking for a WK to replace my rather primitive and crude 5.9. I was intending on trading it in this week, but with my luck i hit a deer and caused allot of damage so i am stuck with it for a bit until the body shops done with it. I just can't make my mind up if i want the 5.7 or the 3.0, i seem to change my mind daily.
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #84
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

I've owned both, and I'd get the Hemi! Honestly the diesel is a better vehicle. It has as much torque as the hemi and pulls like a train... But you never know what you're getting with a used vehicle, and especailly with the fact that a neglected diesel (and sometimes even a well cared for one) can be a money pit. The diesels are incredibly complicated an only a few jeep techs are trained to work on them (just ask a tech, they hate them!). So in the end I'll always recommend the hemi even though I love the diesel.

Oh btw:

My old 5.9L!

and the old 3.0L:

Yeah... I've owned waaaayyyy too many Grand Cherokees (and there's even another...)

under construction
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #85
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN_BlackWK View Post
I've owned both, and I'd get the Hemi! Honestly the diesel is a better vehicle. It has as much torque as the hemi and pulls like a train... But you never know what you're getting with a used vehicle, and especailly with the fact that a neglected diesel (and sometimes even a well cared for one) can be a money pit. The diesels are incredibly complicated an only a few jeep techs are trained to work on them (just ask a tech, they hate them!). So in the end I'll always recommend the hemi even though I love the diesel.

Oh btw:

My old 5.9L!

and the old 3.0L:

Yeah... I've owned waaaayyyy too many Grand Cherokees (and there's even another...)
Thats true, have owned a few diesels, a 2006 (new when i bought it) dodge diesel, put a ton of money into it bullet proofing it and for performance modifications, but it was literally in the shop more than i could drive it. So in 2009 i replaced the truck with an f 350 v10 that i put twin centrifugal supers on, other than melting the cats once the truck didn't have a single thing wrong with it in 3 years. Then had 2 chev diesels, one had injector seals go before its first oil change, contaminating the crank case and seizing the motor. Then my dads new denali hd, kept going back to the shop for exhaust fluid and DPF issues, then he just totaled it when the tie rod jam nut wasn't tightened or something and it stripped out, lost steering and rolled it on a dirt road. Now he's using my eco boost for a while. I can't imagine how much the whole DPF costs, or even on my dodge a turbo failed and that was 3k or so, thats basically a whole new hemi. I dont know if i could work on a modern diesel my self either, the 2006 dodge wasn't too bad but its pretty simple compared to the new Duramax or Powerstroke. Hemi's are nice and simple, plus parts are cheap and readily available too, i even have a truck hemi from an 08 sitting in my garage

Anyways, i am really hesitant to get another diesel when all my gas engines have been so good to me, but i thought in a smaller vehicle it might be fun.

What kind of MPG difference were you seeing between the hemi and CRD?
Unread 09-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #86
DuffDaddy
2007 WK 

awesome build, but I would be ashamed to put the arb sticker on there after you made that bumper that much better. Hats off to you for tearing in to a new vehicle like that
Unread 10-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #87
JulietheJeep
2002 WJ 

The "S-Package" sounds like it has everything but the motor and emblems. Is that all it's missing?

Another Steel Blue WJ named Jenn.
3" IRO Lift, Bilstein 5100s, 32s, Roof basket
JulietheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #88
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulietheJeep View Post
The "S-Package" sounds like it has everything but the motor and emblems. Is that all it's missing?
From an SRT-8? No, the SRT has a different drive-train completely (Engine, axles, transfer-case, brakes, ect.) Also, it has a different front and rear fascia, wheels, and interior trim. The only parts the S-Limited shares with an SRT-8 are the side skirts and the seats (minus the embroidered "SRT" on the front ones).

under construction
Unread 10-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #89
JulietheJeep
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN_BlackWK View Post
From an SRT-8? No, the SRT has a different drive-train completely (Engine, axles, transfer-case, brakes, ect.) Also, it has a different front and rear fascia, wheels, and interior trim. The only parts the S-Limited shares with an SRT-8 are the side skirts and the seats (minus the embroidered "SRT" on the front ones).
Yeah sorry I meant SRT8. I figured the Hemi and the SRT8 would have mostly the same drive train there isn't too much more power in a SRT8 is there?

Another Steel Blue WJ named Jenn.
3" IRO Lift, Bilstein 5100s, 32s, Roof basket
JulietheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #90
Neuwirth

Not very active on here but very active across a number a number of Jeep JK Boards(JKFreaks, JKOwners.etc.) just found this thread looking for builds to share with my friend. Very nice work, love what you did to the ARB bumper. Ready to see that winch go in! Any update?

http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/membe...h-Motors-Parts
Neuwirth is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.