Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

04 WJ College Build-WillMcD

72K views 884 replies 65 participants last post by  snobrdrkid07 
#1 · (Edited)
So heres the story. Before my Jeep I went through a couple trucks. The last one was a Z71 which i had lifted and what not. Anyways i got tired of it so it went up for sale. Long story short I ended up with the "bo shadow" as it's known by my group of friends. For months I promised myself nothing would be done to it. But then I ran across Jeepforum.com. And from then on it has cost me over $5000 to date with alot more to come.

Only stocker picture i have

The first thing I did was tint the windows. 20% in the front and 5% in the back.
Next I decided I was going to monogram Jeep into the leather headrests.

For my birthday my girlfriend bought me HID's. She got me purple because we though they looked cool but really turned out to be pinkish:brickwall

Tow hooks came next. Instead of going with stock from a jukyard I went with Rustys tow hooks.
(front bumper removed for install)

A short while passed before i did anything else because I was trying to save money for a lift. In june I finally got around to installing it. For me this was one of the happiest events I have had in a while. I installed the RCX kit myself which is what made it 100x's better. Something many 18 year olds couldnt dream of doing. These are some pics of it after Firestone Destination m/t's went on.

So much more to come. Here's a list of future plans:
(This will be updated as item is installed)
Front Bumper
Rear Tire Carrier
Long Arms
Rear LA'sExhaust
Wheels
Winch
truss rear d44
Tank tuck

Here's how it sits today.

See less See more
#4 ·
well i plan on going bigger eventually and i can get 8.8's for next to nothing. This is way way down the road though.

#6 ·
Took some more pictures today just playing around in the backyard.

#9 ·
Took the dog to the pond today to play around. He loves his rides in the Jeep.
I tried getting more pics but the camera died. This is the only one I got of him with the phone before we left.

#11 ·
He's dry. I care way too much about my interior to put him in there wet. I dryed him off before we came home too.

#12 ·
So i ordered a hella 700ff kit today and a smittybuilt 54" jack. I plan to put the hellas on the front bumper and the jack on the roof rack.

#13 ·
Tinted my headlights using vht nightshade. Since my windows are tinted it makes it hard enough to see out the back so i left the backup light untinted. I think it looks better like that way anyways.

#15 ·
idk if i wanna debadge or not.

clean it really well and just spray on.

#18 ·
Love the lift. Fit my budget really well and ride better than i thought it would. Tires are 265/70/17. Measure to be 31.9in. I love the tires too. The destinations perform really well in my opinion.

#17 ·
Tint the rears darker. If you do them right, you'll have the same light output.

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
You could also just spray tint your headlights like I did to mine. I didn't do them too dark, just sprayed it heavier on the marker and signal parts to blend in with the paint.

#25 ·
Not really. It might a little bit but nothing major.

#26 ·
I just tinted the blinkers. Doubt i will do the whole headlight. Not now atleast. Turned out ok.

#28 ·
Pics of the blinkers. I guess im happy with them. For now anyways

#29 ·
Doesn't look too bad. Take a pic further away of the whole jeep

#32 ·
Hella's come in tomorrow. Cant wait to get them mounted up and see how they look.

#33 ·
Ok so it's been a couple weeks but iv been busy. So I got my hella's mounted up.

#34 ·
Also got an exhaust fitted up yesterday. No i did not go with the kolak or a flowmaster for that matter. Since I like loud I just replaced it with a straight. I know Im probably gonna get crap for it and most here arent gonna like it but may I remind you I live in Florence South Carolina. Meaning if you look in my video Im about to post you will see a cornfield and woods. With that brings big loud trucks and rednecks so i gotta compete right? Anyways I kinda like the sound so let me know what you think about it.

#35 · (Edited)
So heres the videos. I hope they work.

#104 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.