'04 2WD WJ Laredo to '04 4WD WJ "Limited" Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > '04 2WD WJ Laredo to '04 4WD WJ "Limited" Build

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 05-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #46
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwolcot View Post
Yeah no prob. Something you might want to consider since you are going to get the wood grain as extra is try to cut out the ashtray so your xm unit will all be flush (as long as you have steady hands).
Trying to picture what you are talking about. The ashtray door in mine is totally gone, it's mounted on the back of the compartment. I had to trim some off the sides so it would mount straight. I thought I took pics of it after I took the ashtray out, but before I put the XM in there, can't find them, though,

Jerry

Unread 05-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #47
drwolcot

2002 WJ 

Keep it mounted to the back like you have it but if you still have the ashtray laying around cut a hole in the ashtray so just the face of you xm unit is flush with everything. It would look even cleaner

|
|
2002 WJ Overland | 4.7 H.O. | Clayton 6in LA | LSR Bumper | JKS discos | JKS Track Bar | KOR SS | BFG KM2's 285/75/17 | Carolina Front/Rear Driveshaft | Quadradrive | 125k Miles
|
|
RIP
|4.7 | 242HD | 2WD-->4WD Conversion | Vari-Lock front D30 | D44a Aussie Locker | Hybrid RCX 4in + BB | IronMan FUCA's | D30 Solid Diff Cover | Carolina Front Driveshaft | JCR Stage 3 Sliders | E-Fan Conversion | Hard-KOR SS|
WJ 2WD-->4WD Conversion Build Thread
|
|
2003 WJ Overland - SOLD
drwolcot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #48
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

WOOHOO!!! Got the almighty blessing to put a "2 BB on!!

The wife knew that my YJ has a 2.5" lift, and she can't get into the thing! She forgot that I have 33" tires, 1" body lift, and 5/8" shackles adding to the height! Every time I say something about lifting her Jeep, it was a resounding NOOOOO!! I let her see some pics of WJ's with the 2" BB, and one pic with a stock WJ next to a WJ with a 2" BB, and, now, she's ok with it!! As I stated before, this is HER Jeep, and I want her to be OK with all the things being done to it.

Now, for bigger tires.......to be continued....

Jerry
Unread 05-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #49
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwolcot View Post
Keep it mounted to the back like you have it but if you still have the ashtray laying around cut a hole in the ashtray so just the face of you xm unit is flush with everything. It would look even cleaner
I've already chucked the ashtray long time ago (I did this several months ago). When I get the new lower panel with the heater switches and the wood grain, I'll experiment with the ashtray door. If the ashtray mod doesn't come out the way i wanted, I can always scrap it, and go with what I have here, Thanks, again, for the idea!! It would look better, especially with the wood grain door.

Jerry
Unread 05-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #50
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Update: Well, so much for the front axle!! I was at the yard earlier in the week, and the whole axle was there. We go to get it, only to find that the whole pass. side has been taken off, caliper, rotor, wheel bearing unit, steering knuckle, and even the pass. side axle shaft!! I told my wife that I didn't want to mix and match parts on the axle. It's either the whole entire axle, or nothing. I don't want various parts of different years, ages, and mileage. Even if I did get the thing and swapped out what was on the front axle beam, I'm still missing that pass. side axle shaft.

Oh, well, better luck next time,

Jerry
Unread 05-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #51
Marctwayne
1985 CJ7 

Man I was just going to lock up the rear axle and lift it up a little. Now! I need to do some junk yard searching.

[QUOTE=my-jeep-earl;6694423]It does look alot better when the Jeep is "ugly side up" though! :hahaha::teehee:[/QUOTE]
Marctwayne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #52
justkiddin
2003 WJ 

Nice Work

justkiddin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #53
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, guys! Now, while I'm waiting for a WJ D30 to show up at the yard, I had a little brain storming, and the wifey likes this. I saw a Columbia Edition '04 while we were in VA over the summer. We're REALLY diggin' the smooth graphite cladding for the bottom doors and both bumpers. I found an '04 Columbia on ePay today with the same Inferno Red body color!! Here are the pics:

Ours:

The Columbia:

The only part that I might have problems trying to get is the front bumper, with it being an '04. The rest I can get from Limiteds, Overlands, and Special Editions of any WJ year. I think it would look pretty good, plus, I won't have to worry about the fading issues with the Laredo cladding,

What do you guys think?

Jerry
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:41 PM   #54
madrabbitt

The door cladding is a pita to take off without damaging it.

You could just paint yours.

I used krylon fusion in charcoal that was pretty close to that color, bet you could get a silver color to get a lighter shade.

The krylon stands up pretty well to abuse, and it blends well to cover up damage.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #55
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well, so far, I have cladding for all four doors and the rear bumper with the trailer hitch bezel from an '04 Special Edition. You do have to be VERY careful in getting the door pieces off, but, i did fine,

Jerry
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #56
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well, got rid of the XM unit, and got the Burl wood finish lower bezel with the heated seat switches. Here is what it looks like now:

Hopefully, I will be getting the front and rear axles from the same donor WJ that had this bezel. The ratio for the donor is 3:73, and ours is 3:55, so both need to be replaced. One somewhat good thing is, I'll be upgrading from a D35 rear to a D44A rear, a somewhat better axle. I don't thing there will be anything I would do with this 4.0L to hurt it, so, I think it's a good move. I'll just have to make a rear drive shaft to make it work, as there is no application, that I know of, of a D44A with a 4.0L. Does anyone know if a 4.0L with tow package had the D44A, or, is it just behind 4.7L's?

Hopefully, by the end of the summer, I'll have the 4WD components installed and working,

Jerry
Unread 05-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #57
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, more Limited add-ons!! Got the auto-dim rear view mirror, auto headlight switch stalk with fog switch as well as the auto headlight dash sensor, and the taupe trim pieces around the steering wheel and under the gauges. I also got the Limited door panels installed. If you do swap out the door panels, remember that the receiver for your key fobs is in the passenger side door panel, in the door switch module. You will have to swap those so that you have your original door switches for your key fobs will work. Luck for me, I didn't get rid of them yet!!

Here is the door panels, as they are on an '04 Laredo:

And here are '00 Limited door panels installed on an '04 Laredo:

Here is the auto-dim rear view mirror:

As someone did say, my '04 Laredo had the plug for the mirror, it was tucked WAY up in the headliner board.

Here are the auto headlight switch with fog controls and sensor for the auto headlights:

The auto headlights were a plug and play, just that the plug for the light sensor was behind the instrument cluster, so, that needs to be moved before seeing the plug.

And, here are the last interior Limited pieces, WOOHOO!!

I also added a driver's side heated side mirror:

All of these pieces in this post came off of an '00 Limited. That's it for now!!

Jerry
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #58
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Got the cladding pieces as well as the rear bumper and front bumper, in Graphite, from an '00 Limited. They need a little TLC paint-wise, but, I think it's a better match for what I'm trying to do. I would have to totally repaint the Dark Garnet Red cladding and rear bumper that I originally got. Came off the same '00 Limited that the interior pieces came from.

Here are the cladding pieces:

The front bumper:

And the rear bumper:

Jerry
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #59
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

Kool, looks like you got urself a Columbia-Limited .

2004 WJ Ltd. (steel blue pearlcoat)
4.7, 242 HD swap, 6" Clayton's, 35" BFG KM2s, F/R chromo'd JK Rubi D44s
TX-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #60
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-WJ View Post
Columbia-Limited .
Should have used that for the name of the build, dammit!! LOL!!

Got the side cladding on as well as the rear bumper cover. Here are pics of the sides:

The pics of the rear bumper cover didn't come out too well, as it was dark when I finished it:

I'll take more pics tomorrow, as well as pics of switched front bumper cover, which I still need to do. I think it looks quite nice!! Externally, it'll look just like an '04 Columbia, except for the front bumper cover, since it's from a '00 Limited, it'll have the oval fogs instead of the round '04 ones.

Jerry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.