'04 2WD WJ Laredo to '04 4WD WJ "Limited" Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > '04 2WD WJ Laredo to '04 4WD WJ "Limited" Build

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #31
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well, not much has changed, but, I thought I would share a post on Mall Crawlin' about a 2WD to 4WD conversion that someone did to a ZJ. This swap involved a 42RE and the different OD Units that were swapped out and in. This is the basis for my conversion of the WJ. 2WD ZJ to 4WD ZJ It's not that hard, really,

Jerry

P.S., tfgnt16, the Jeep that had the gauge motors is gone, must have scrapped it, I'm sorry. I'll keep a lookout when I'm at the junkyards,

Unread 01-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #32
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I got these stickers that my wife just HAD to have!

I got two of them and this is where I put them, one on each side:

Since this is the family mobile, it fits,

Jerry
Unread 01-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #33
madrabbitt

better then sticker that my ex had gotten for my cherokee, back in the day.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #34
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, FINALLY got the missing link for the leather interior, the dreaded driver's side front seat, WOO HOOO!

This is what the interior looked like before I took the seats out:

Now, I not only switched the seats themselves, I put in a passenger side motor track and wired for the power lumbar and recline on both, which the driver's seat was lacking. This makes both front seats true 10-way power Limited leather seats, .

Here is what it looks like now, front passenger seat and whole rear seat are from a '99 Limited, and the front driver's seat is from an '00 Limited:

I think it turned out great, and the wifey is pleased, ! Does anyone know a very good leather cleaner I can use, I have some stubborn places that need it. I used Black Magic Leather Conditioner and Cleaner, and it did better then I expected!!

Jerry
Unread 03-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #35
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Try just spraying the area, and then using a toothbrush or something..
Unread 03-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #36
BransJeep
2000 WJ 

Try lexol cleaner and conditioner, i did this same swap that you did, except i used the newer seat style, looks good though!
4.5 inch lift, front Ironman 4x4 adjustable CA's
RB1 and full J&L audio setup
Rola roof rack
BransJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #37
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

This build is full of win!

2004 WJ Ltd. (steel blue pearlcoat)
4.7, 242 HD swap, 6" Clayton's, 35" BFG KM2s, F/R chromo'd JK Rubi D44s
TX-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #38
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-WJ View Post
This build is full of win!
Thanks! Gotta love the CFC program, or all of this wouldn't be possible, , at least in this short of a time frame. Oh, to keep tabs on the prices, $75 for the driver's front seat (with $100 for shipping, ). Hey, I've been searching for that stupid seat for 6 months, I saw this on ePay, and jumped on it!!!

MoonyJohn, thanks for the tip, where would you find that, at Walley World or auto parts store?

Jerry
Unread 03-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #39
drwolcot

2002 WJ 

Just found your build thread... I posted awhile back on your thread when you were first thinking about doing the 2wd-4wd swap and you said that all the WJ's you found were gone from the JY... I assumed you gave up cause there were no following posts.... Glad to see you are still keeping it up.

Just to let you know.... I just finished my 2wd-->4wd swap 2 weeks ago..... it was really easy. You really got lucky with the CFC.. In my area I didn't have an yards that had any WJ's in them so I got most of my stuff from car-parts.com and a few stuff from the classifieds here.

When you start the swap and you need any questions feel free to ask me and I will help. Just for future reference... Since you TC has the flange for the front driveshaft for the CV make sure you get the bolts with the drive shaft. When I got my drive shaft the guy lost the bolts and they are mighty expensive from the dealer at $14 each pair. Depending on what yoke your front d30 has you could need 3 pairs for each end and they are different sizes so 6 pair total
drwolcot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #40
drwolcot

2002 WJ 

Just thought I would stop by and let you know that I finally started my build thread with my 2WD-->4WD swap here
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #41
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepsOLot View Post
Does anyone know a very good leather cleaner I can use
Jerry
I used diluted simple green (50/50) and followed up with some conditioner.

Make sure you scrub good, you will be surprised how good it works.
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #42
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, finally, an update!! Got the two drive shafts from an '03 GC that looks like it had a pole fall on the roof!, . Talking to Mean Max, and it looks like we'll be going to get the D30 out of it next Thursday, and then next Sat, we'll do the swap, just in time for Mother's Day, ! We'll take plenty of pics to show the entire process. For the prices, the drive shafts were $35 for both, and the D30 will be about $90.

Drwolcot, I got all the bolts and the flat pieces that go between each pair for the front drive shaft when I got it a couple of weeks ago, so, I'm good in that department, thanks for the heads up, !!

More to follow as this progresses,

Jerry
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #43
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJChris View Post
I used diluted simple green (50/50) and followed up with some conditioner.

Make sure you scrub good, you will be surprised how good it works.
This worked well, thanks for the tip!!!

Jerry
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #44
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Drwolcot, you had a GREAT idea with the GPS unit!!! Eventually, I'll be getting the lower center dash piece with the heater controls and the Spartan Woodgrain trim. I wanted to see how it would look with the ash tray removed and the XM Sat radio in that hole.

This is what it looked like before, and I hated the way it looked:

Here's what it looks like now:

I loved how you can't even see the wires out of the tape deck to the Sat radio! Except for that piece from the 12v adapter, it looks pretty clean!!

Thanks, again, Drwolcot!!

Jerry
Unread 05-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #45
drwolcot

2002 WJ 

Yeah no prob. Something you might want to consider since you are going to get the wood grain as extra is try to cut out the ashtray so your xm unit will all be flush (as long as you have steady hands).

Glad to see you are finally making some progress.....its been awhile ha ha! Good luck and keep us updated

|
|
2002 WJ Overland | 4.7 H.O. | Clayton 6in LA | LSR Bumper | JKS discos | JKS Track Bar | KOR SS | BFG KM2's 285/75/17 | Carolina Front/Rear Driveshaft | Quadradrive | 125k Miles
|
|
RIP
|4.7 | 242HD | 2WD-->4WD Conversion | Vari-Lock front D30 | D44a Aussie Locker | Hybrid RCX 4in + BB | IronMan FUCA's | D30 Solid Diff Cover | Carolina Front Driveshaft | JCR Stage 3 Sliders | E-Fan Conversion | Hard-KOR SS|
WJ 2WD-->4WD Conversion Build Thread
|
|
2003 WJ Overland - SOLD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.