02 WJ Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 02 WJ Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Trxgedy

02 WJ Build

Well guess its time to start a build thread. I bought my WJ about a year ago and it has been an emotional roller coaster, lots of ups and downs, but hopefully shes good to go. Now for what everyone here is waing for... pics!

When I first bought her.

First thing was first I needed to replace the brakes, so new front rotors, calipers, and I had a brake line with a hole just pouring fluid out.

Then came the problem known all too well to WJ owners... she started over heating. I replaced the fan sensor relay, the radiator (multiple), cooling temp sensor, thermostat, water pump, and the head gasket.

Everything underneath was covered in tranny fluid. Both my lines to the radiator rusted through so had to replace those. You can also see how kind the Ohio winters and salt have been to the jeep. Lol.

Have a leaking inner diff seal, still have to replace, but its not too bad right now.

Now that shes running alright and im not fighting to keep her running its time to start the fun!

First thing first was to get rid if that ugly grey trim. And knocked out the dent in the front bumper

I purchased a 2 in BB I havent put on yet and just scored all this for 200 bucks!

Just started sanding down the parts, going to repaint them. Cant wait to put them on. And tax season going to do a bigger lift then the 2 in BB. Thinking long arms, lots of small mods planned as well. Next up after painting the brush guard is painting the wheels. Theyre pretty bad.

Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Trxgedy

And here are some other pics, nothing exciting but I just like taking pics of her.

There she is stock, met up and had a meet and greet with a bunch of Ohio XJs it was alot of fun, I was the only Dub.

Parked next to a ZJ same color at work

Getting crazy in the park, love the flex shots. Haha

And last pic for this post. My other project. 1974 Kawasaki H1 bought it for 500 all original off first owner, all the parts, are original has 5000 miles. Looks a little rough in the pic but I took the tank and metals off to sand too.

Expect lots more pics, and minor updates.
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Trxgedy

Well I wasnt kidding when I said that this jeeps been an emotional roller coaster. So I went and picked up a wiper motor and assembly today since my wipers quit working, was pretty excited to have wipers since I havent had them in a cpl months. Did all the work and put the assembly in all for nothing. They still dont work, now I need to replace the switch.

Also went to go to work, radiators leaking somewhere a hefty amount of antifreeze... I just replaced the radiator like 2 months ago... they keep cracking. Idk why. It didnt overheat. So now I have to figure that out =/
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
Trxgedy

Well woke up and decided to see what was wrong with the radiator hoping for the best but thinking the worst I climbed underneath and couldnt see where it was leaking, took my air box out and found that the fitting for the tranny line was leaking . Tightened it up and hopefully itll be all good. Boy was I relieved!

Also just scored some new to me tires for free, theyre bigger I hope they fit theyre 265/75/16s, my stocks are 225/75/16. Whats the biggest that would fit? They should for sure fit with the 2" BB im gonna install.
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

If you don't need the wiper motor assembly wanna send it to me? While trying to remove my driver's wiper blade arm to repair a leak in the washer fluid line I might have hit the stud too hard with my hammer and broke it. Now my driver's side wiper arm bounce up and down while driving, but it still works! Ha ha. I might have my stock turn signal stalk laying around. It works fine, I upgraded to an auto-headlight with fog light stalk so I don't need mine anymore. Do you still need one?
Also, I have the same color WJ as you, nice to see what it'll look like when I paint my cladding.
Here's mine before I put my Warn lights on:
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
Trxgedy

Ya ill ship the whole thing motor and assembly, that way you have a back up one. And ya I need the one with the wipers tho not the headlights. And its good to know what mine will look like with the brush guard, I just picked one up that looks very similar to yours.
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
Trxgedy

Just got my HIR bulbs, im going to put them in now.
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #8
Trxgedy

Well heres my HIR review. So I thought theyd be a whiter, color but they are bright. Overall I like them. Glad I have lights again.

Before

Passengers side done

Drivers before

Drivers after

All done

Unread 09-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
Trxgedy

Well today I went to get my sticker for the jeep and went out to discover that someone hit me! I have a dent in my front fender, scuffed paint and a hole and dent in my rear bumper.

So I used this sandpaper pad from my headlight restoration kit got it wet and the scuffs came right off, I need a little bit of wax and to buff out the spots.

And this is the leftover paint I used to paint my trim... I dont recommend it at all. Ive had to touch up over and over, it scuffs off but I used it to just get rid of the scuffs on the bumpers.

Didnt feel like taping anything off, used this as my overspray shield.

Popped the rear dent out and painted that spot too,

Just have to find a day I have off so I can take the front fender off and see if I can knock the dent out. How hard is it to take the fender off? And that hole is gonna have to stay, I dont know how to fix that either.
Unread 09-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
Trxgedy

Roomate txt me that I got a package today, excited... thats my wiper switch. Cant wait to get out of work at 7 and tear my dash apart to install that, I havent had wipers in a couple months.
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #11
Trxgedy

Well im kind of really pissed off... putting in the switch was simple, took all of 5 min. Only to discover that my wipers still dont work! The spray works both front and rear, but none of the blades move. Now what? I replaced the wiper motor and the linkage its hooked up to, and now my switch, both front and rear wipers dont work...

Unread 09-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #12
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Fuse under dash C1 (20A) is for wipers, Also there Are 2 relay in engine compartment fuse box, one for hi/low and one for on/off (32/33)

http://www.wjjeeps.com/misc/power_dist_ctr_02.jpg

Checked them out yet?
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #13
Trxgedy

Under dash c1? You mean under drivers side?
I dont have a c1 with a 20a I have them numbered 1-32, and 29 is rear wiper (15a), no other wipers listed on this legend.

How do I test a relay? Its not like a fuse where I can just look and see...

I did some watching on youtube and saw how to check a relay, (I actually learned all about them, didnt know anything about them) I swapped out 2 relays with the wiper relays to check if that was the problem. Still a no go
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #14
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy
Under dash c1? You mean under drivers side? I dont have a c1 with a 20a I have them numbered 1-32, and 29 is rear wiper (15a), no other wipers listed on this legend. How do I test a relay? Its not like a fuse where I can just look and see...
The curcuit breaker C1 sits higher up than the fuses. Take away some dash trim and you will find it, it can be seen ontop of the fuses, if you look straight up. To test a relay you will need to power the coil, to see if the switch open/closes. There Are 4pins, 2 for coil, 2 for switch,

Something like this, numbers can vary though
image-2498797163.jpg

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #15
Trxgedy

Ya I did a lot of research today on relays and watched videos on how they work and what they actually are, (never knew anything about them) I had my neighbor come over and poke around and hes a mechanic for 20+ years and he couldnt figure it out. So ive decided screw it, there is a shop nearby that does free diagnostics, im going to just take it there tomorrow and let them figure It out. Then once they tell me whats wrong ill go home and fix it myself.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.