02 Overland WJ Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > 02 Overland WJ Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 10-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #46
MudMann94
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00jeepthing View Post
looks great man.. keep up the awesome work
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdowd6 View Post
Why'd you take the tire carrier off?
It was falling off, the metal started to weaken and stuff and the welds broke

MudMann94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #47
MudMann94
2002 WJ 

I installed the new shocks and the IRO Trackbar the other day with my friend. Ride quality improved drastically.

billys.jpg

Old vs new shocks, the new ones are now long enough:

old-vs-new.jpg

All the old ones, bushings were all falling out:

old.jpg

For the trackbar, I had to drill out the hole to the next size so that it wouldn't move because the hole was wallowed out. Everything feels tight now.

Got my Cobra 19 CB installed and ready to go, got a spring for the antenna too.

cb.jpg

It was a beautiful fall day today, so the doors came off

doorless.jpg

Also found out why my front end is all messed up, control arm mount is bent back, so to fix the issue, im getting Clayton Long Arms.

bent-mount.jpg
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #48
MudMann94
2002 WJ 

So I haven't updated this thread in awhile, but I ordered and received a Clayton Long Arm Upgrade Kit, and new coils all around. I've been busy working but next Sunday the 26th, the kit is finally going in. Im going to do the front half one weekend and the rear half the weekend after. My jeep rides so bad right now because both LCA brackets are bent. I'm very happy with the build quality of the components and Claytons customer service is second to none. Heres some pictures guys. Notice the detail.

All the boxes

photo-1.jpg

Front Half of the Kit

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Once this install is all done, I will be bump stopping the jeep properly, trimming the fenders in a clean way, the getting started on building up my axles, locked and geared. Stay tuned!
Unread 01-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #49
MudMann94
2002 WJ 

More parts have arrived! New coil isolators top and bottom! And New Spicer UJoints for my driveshaft!
image-187729385.jpg

Also today i painted up the mounts for the long arm crossmember

image-668276152.jpg
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:02 PM   #50
SKI_VT
2000 WJ 

Hey can you clear your PMs?
Im interested in the deal
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #51
MudMann94
2002 WJ 

[QUOTE="SKI_VT"]Hey can you clear your PMs? Im interested in the deal[/QUOTE

Cleared
Unread 01-27-2014, 10:18 PM   #52
D-n-Tyke
2001 WJ 

Hey Mud, I know we have been talken on PM but just ran across your built thread here. You have one nice rig man. Perfect stance and I really dig the color.

I did notice it looks like you removed the rear carrier. What made you decide to remove it? One has been on my future wish list and wondering if you had issues I haven't thought about.
Unread 04-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #53
MudMann94
2002 WJ 

So, i havnt updated this thread in a long time. I have installed quite a few items starting with the rear long arms from clayton. I have to keep this thread more updated from now on.
photo-1.jpg
and another.
photo-2.jpg

Got my buddy to install the rear and front arms for a good deal. Heres a pic mid install. The jeep rides so nice now.
photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg
Heres a pic 4.5" springs front and rear, i was measuring for a driveline.

Since my ball joints were shot, i decided to go with Synergys since i've heard some great reviews on them.
photo-5.jpg
Unread 04-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #54
MudMann94
2002 WJ 

My trackbar bushings were shot so i went with the KOR Super Durometer bushings. Made a huge difference in steering feel and got rid of my wobble.
photo-1-2-.jpg

Ball Joints installed, mind you the lower zerk is a pain in the *** with the flush fitting.
photo-2-1-.jpg

Got my Iron Rock Offroad SYE in the mail for the 247, and my driveshaft from Carolina Driveline, which i will definitely recommend for the high quality.

Also added 6" coils in the front to level out the front and get rid of the rake.
photo-3-1-.jpg

photo-4-1-.jpg

photo-5-1-.jpg

Unread 04-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #55
MudMann94
2002 WJ 

Got a flex shot at the local kmart and it flexed pretty good. My limiting factor is my shocks which led me to order 12" travel Bilstein 5100s.
photo-3-2-.jpg

New Shocks:
photo-4-3-.jpg

Added a steering stabilizer to try and helped with some of the bumpsteer i was getting. Ordered the Kevins Offroad Kit to help get it out of the way of the rocks.
photo-5-2-.jpg

I also test fit my friends 35" KM2s and loved how they look. i will have to extend my front arms and trim if/when I run 35s.

photo-4-2-.jpg

photo-1-3-.jpg

I found a 242HD to do the swap to dit my 247. Got it for cheap at a local junkyard with 91K on it. Ordered the 242HD Slip Yoke Eliminator from IRO for it

photo-3-3-.jpg

Heres a pic of my shaft instaled for those who would like to see how the rear arms are setup.

photo-5-4-.jpg

I have also installed a JKS Tie Road and Draglink which i will get pictures of as well as more pics of the clayton kit. I have a few more things left to do before i wheel it:

Engine Mounts
Timken Hubs
Install 242HD and SYE
New Steering Box
DWindow Rims
33"/35" MTRs
Fab up a tailpipe
Belly Skid
Lock/skid/truss rear axle.
Unread 04-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #56
D-n-Tyke
2001 WJ 

Damn mud, that is a nice list of parts to throw at her all at once. The result is amazing. Like the look of htose 35's. Should be nice when you are able to run those.

Hey I was reviewing your build again and it brought up your old rear bumper carrier. Why did you get rid of it. I really liked that and was wonder if you had issues with it or if it was just a personal thing for you?
Unread Yesterday, 08:02 AM   #57
MudMann94
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-n-Tyke
Damn mud, that is a nice list of parts to throw at her all at once. The result is amazing. Like the look of htose 35's. Should be nice when you are able to run those. Hey I was reviewing your build again and it brought up your old rear bumper carrier. Why did you get rid of it. I really liked that and was wonder if you had issues with it or if it was just a personal thing for you?
Started to fall off so i took it off. Gunna probably go with a protofab rear tire carrier
Unread Yesterday, 02:39 PM   #58
MudMann94
2002 WJ 

Gave her a bath today and waxed it up. Came out good!
photo-1.jpg

Also flexed it out with the new shocks, did great and didn't rub anywhere!

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-5.jpg
Unread Yesterday, 02:44 PM   #59
MudMann94
2002 WJ 

Heres some more pics of the JKS steering and Clayton long arms as promised.

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg
Unread Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #60
D-n-Tyke
2001 WJ 

Looking Good man!!!

Hey did you ever get a chance to measure those front long arms for me? I still need to build mine up.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.