YJ V6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > YJ V6

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-02-2002, 12:41 AM   #1
mikeythefireman

YJ V6

Did Jeep install a V6 in any YJ's, specifically 1993-1995. I am shopping around and a lot of dealers advertise a V6. I am assuming they are just idiots who can't tell the diff. between an I6 and a V6, but I am starting to hope there aren't that many idiots out there. Some help b4 I embarass myself would be nice.

Thanks!

Unread 03-02-2002, 01:20 AM   #2
evilpsych

no.. no such thing as a factory V style engine in ANY YJ.. only inline 4's and 6's.. most dealers probably couldnt tell a CJ from TJ let alone know the difference.. Do your homework and I guarantee you'll know more than the dealer every time about the vehicle you're interested in..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2002, 04:37 AM   #3
jeepcherokeev6

didnt they have the 2.8 in yj's? by the way, im one of those that cant tell the difference between tj and yj...im an xj/zj/wj kinda guy

'86 XJ, 2.8 V6 5 spd, 3" lift

"It may be a piece of sh**, but its MY piece of sh**!" -Me
jeepcherokeev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2002, 09:20 AM   #4
mikeythefireman

I can't find any info on a YJ with a V6 but lots with 4's and I6's. Usually this means it didn't/doesn't exsist except as a mod. I dedided to just play with the dealer after I look at the Jeep. Thanks for your help guys!
Don't feel bad Jeepcherokeev6, I know less than nothing about cherokees. As they say "to each his own"
Unread 03-02-2002, 01:51 PM   #5
jeepcherokeev6

yea, i guess thats a good thing...i got one, and aside from an engine swap, the 2.8 are not really much good for performance.

'86 XJ, 2.8 V6 5 spd, 3" lift

"It may be a piece of sh**, but its MY piece of sh**!" -Me
jeepcherokeev6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.