YJ Laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > YJ Laredo

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 09-13-2001, 10:14 PM   #1
Bassili

YJ Laredo

Hey all,

I have an 88 YJ laredo and Im just wondering if they come in 4 and 6. Also if anyone has their suggestions on the best way to fit 33 1250s (all terrain) please reply. Im not hardcore rockclimbling at all. I like to backroad and so a little climbing but that isnt a factor in the lift. Thanks alot

Unread 09-25-2001, 01:26 PM   #2
Brendan

If i was you I would try and gain about 4" of lift to clear 33s. First i would buy any combination of suspension lift kits to gain 3" of lift, the best one I know of would be the rubicon 2.5 in" kit, with 1/2 in shackles. Then buy a 1 in" body kit. You will be able to clear 33s. This is the perfect set up for someone like yourself, but of course the 4" of lift would cost you about $750 (550 RE, 100 shackle, 100 body)

You could always go straight to a 4" suspension lift, but that would mean you would probably need a slip yoke eliminator kit, which can range from $350 to as much as $800. Plus the 2.5" kit is complete, and will not effect handling that much, and will provide a better ride. Usually if you excede about 3.5" of suspension lift, you will encounter adverse effects to your handling, and overall ride.

It's all about trade off's

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.